Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-12-2009, 03:11 PM   #16
Pegster
Devourer of Books
Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T1, Samsung S5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegster View Post
Now, I've seen a number of 505s on ebay, some new and some used. Is there any reason to steer clear of used 505s, or should I try and find a new one? I'm really trying to hold costs down, as things are a bit tight at the moment.

Thanks in advance!
Any thoughts out there regarding used 505s?
Pegster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 03:16 PM   #17
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
I don't think there's any particular reason to avoid used 505s, no. I like the new out-of-the-box feel and buy new when I can, but it's not like they deteriorate with time.
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2009, 03:24 PM   #18
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegster View Post
Any thoughts out there regarding used 505s?
The only thing might be the battery. I'd try to get the most recently purchased one as possible.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:22 PM   #19
Pegster
Devourer of Books
Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T1, Samsung S5
Thank you everyone for your advice - I purchased an 'as new' 505 on eBay tonight for £165, including books and a wall charger. I'm feeling chuffed about it and I'm looking forward to receiving my ereader!!
Pegster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:39 PM   #20
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Wonderful! I think the 505 is still the best.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert