Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 01:21 AM   #16
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
thanks for doing this Daithi!

have Xia and Koland left as well?

I'm sure that those of us who stumbled across stuff before will continue to do so
Still here, just nothing new that's free today. Glad someone is taking up the standard and maintaining the master list. I'll continue to post new finds here, as before.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:41 AM   #17
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Although I have a Sony, I would like to thank you for stepping up to keep the list going.

Daithi and to koland. I hope that Xia will continue to contribute also. Plus a BIG THANK YOU to all the members who post their finds for the list.
Advert
Old 12-01-2009, 10:30 AM   #18
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Free:

The Spirit Of Revival: Discovering the Wisdom of Jonathan Edwards, by R.C. Sproul & Archie Parrish

Book Description
A key figure during the Great Awakening, Jonathan Edwards wrote this important discourse, The Distinguishing Marks of a Work of the Spirit of God, in 1741, just after the revival had reached its peak. In his thorough exploration of the true and false signs of revival, drawn from 1 John 4, Edwards concludes that while a movement may be accompanied by excesses and questionable actions, these signs do not necessarily disqualify it as authentic.

In a refreshing way Edwards embraces a genuine enthusiasm in these manifestations while stressing the need for biblical discernment. His critique is kind and gentle as he points to the true marks of revival: love and humility. In The Spirit of Revival, Parrish makes Edwards' entire work more accessible by modernizing the text and adding explanatory notes. R. C. Sproul's extended introduction compares the great theologian's time to our own, and the preface by Edwards' contemporary William Cooper rings resoundingly to the people of God today.

Edwards' message provides more than just insight into the Great Awakening. It is a map to follow for all revivals in all times.

About the Authors

R. C. SPROUL is the founder of Ligonier Ministries and the author of over sixty books, including The Dark Side of Islam, and Defending Your Faith.

ARCHIE PARRISH is the founder and president of Serve International and faithfully works to train evangelical churches in prayer discipleship.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:20 AM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
A Kiss of Shadows by Laurell K. Hamilton (Erotica)
I did find one error in the list. A Kiss of Shadows is not erotica.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:35 AM   #20
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Added: The Spirit Of Revival: Discovering the Wisdom of Jonathan Edwards, by R.C. Sproul & Archie Parrish

Fixed: A Kiss of Shadows (not erotica)
Advert
Old 12-01-2009, 11:43 AM   #21
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daithi View Post

Fixed: A Kiss of Shadows (not erotica)
It kind of is. Erotic Fantasy maybe (no, don't make another category).
Old 12-01-2009, 01:04 PM   #22
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I was thinking of combining the "Cheap Books" and "Cheap Self-Published Books" into one section. I think it would make it a little easier for me to manage (I only have to hunt down a book in one spot). I also suspect that many of the "publishers" in the Cheap Books section are really just the author, and based on customer ratings at Amazon there doesn't seem to be much difference between the two (generally good reviews for these cheap books BTW).

So, any objections to me combining these two sections?
Old 12-01-2009, 01:19 PM   #23
dougbiss
Enthusiast
dougbiss doesn't litterdougbiss doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
I think it would be easier to view the list this way, so my vote is to go for it.

Truth be told, since I follow the thread instantly, I almost never use the list itself. I catch the stuff as it gets posted.

Quote:
I was thinking of combining the "Cheap Books" and "Cheap Self-Published Books" into one section. I think it would make it a little easier for me to manage (I only have to hunt down a book in one spot). I also suspect that many of the "publishers" in the Cheap Books section are really just the author, and based on customer ratings at Amazon there doesn't seem to be much difference between the two (generally good reviews for these cheap books BTW).

So, any objections to me combining these two sections?
Old 12-01-2009, 03:47 PM   #24
Daithi
Publishers are evil!

I went ahead and combined the two sections, but I added the tag "ADS" to the ends of the ones that have Amazon Digital Services as the publisher. I'm pretty much done with formatting issues, so this will be my last post here that isn't actually a Free/Cheap book.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:20 PM   #25
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Thanks!! I've only read about 3-4 of those books, you can find some gems.
I might checkout the dude abides, since I am a big big lebowki fan.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:35 PM   #26
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
S I'll continue to post new finds here, as before.
I appreciate that *greatly*!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougbiss View Post
Truth be told, since I follow the thread instantly, I almost never use the list itself. I catch the stuff as it gets posted.
Ditto --- and now that I've re-found the new list, I've subscribed so I can get the new adds as they are added.

THANK YOU, Thank You, thank you for recreating this! And to all who contribute their finds. I's sorry Sporadic had to leave, as I greatly appreciated his original effort too.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:52 PM   #27
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
Two more freebies at Amazon right now:

Already Dead by Charlie Huston
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...cm_cd_asin_lnk

Wit'ch Fire by James Clemens
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...cm_cd_asin_lnk
Old 12-02-2009, 03:29 AM   #28
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
I'll revise the list put it into a new format.
I wouldn't even worry about it, Daithi. He's an angry hombre, and he'll get over it - but it'll have to be from the sidelines now, due to his temper tantrums and abusive, obscene language.

Don
Old 12-02-2009, 08:21 AM   #29
Daithi
Publishers are evil!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I wouldn't even worry about it, Daithi. He's an angry hombre, and he'll get over it - but it'll have to be from the sidelines now, due to his temper tantrums and abusive, obscene language.
I already revised the list's layout. I grouped it by genres, combined the cheap books into one section, and sorted it by author so that a book series would stay together instead of spreadout through the list.

Added: texasnightowl's finds of Already Dead by Charlie Huston and Wit'ch Fire by James Clemens.

Last edited by Daithi; 12-02-2009 at 08:25 AM.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:10 AM   #30
bookfanmd
Addict
bookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 300/505/T1 Nook STWG Kobo Glo Kobo Aura HD KDX iPad1 K3 KT PW2
Thanks for keeping this list going.
Closed Thread