Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-25-2009, 10:13 AM   #16
bjrnfrdnnd
Connoisseur
bjrnfrdnnd began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 360˚
Thanks for the great review!

Does anyone know how the touchscreen is constructed?
I read that sony's prs 600, while better than the 700,
still has massive glare because the touchscreen layer is built on top of the e-ink layer.
How is the glare situation with the boox? Does the screen reach the quality of the prs505 or the cybook opus?
bjrnfrdnnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:26 AM   #17
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjrnfrdnnd View Post
Thanks for the great review!

Does anyone know how the touchscreen is constructed?
I read that sony's prs 600, while better than the 700,
still has massive glare because the touchscreen layer is built on top of the e-ink layer.
How is the glare situation with the boox? Does the screen reach the quality of the prs505 or the cybook opus?
There is no glare. It's a Wacom touch screen, and it sits behind the Eink screen.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2009, 11:02 AM   #18
bjrnfrdnnd
Connoisseur

Sounds good.

Do you have any idea one and where one can buy one of these devices?
Old 10-25-2009, 11:03 AM   #19
bjrnfrdnnd
Connoisseur

I mean when and where one can buy one of these devices.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:20 PM   #20
ZrZZ
ZrZZ began at the beginning.

Device: none
is it possible to read all kind of pdf? i mean if its has some resctrictions (dmr)?
ZrZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2009, 07:02 AM   #21
menelic
Enthusiast
menelic began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T2
Where to order the Boox

Mobileread user rfog ordered his Boox from http://www.apoloxxi.com/epages/62035...tegories/Otros - he has a short review in the other Boox thread.

Nate, could you let us know some details about the Boox' annotation functions: Can annotations or highlights be exported from the boox? Thanks in advance!
menelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:42 AM   #22
hapood
hapood began at the beginning.

Device: BOOX60
Quote:
Originally Posted by menelic View Post
Mobileread user rfog ordered his Boox from http://www.apoloxxi.com/epages/62035...tegories/Otros - he has a short review in the other Boox thread.

Nate, could you let us know some details about the Boox' annotation functions: Can annotations or highlights be exported from the boox? Thanks in advance!
can't export now(1.1release)
hapood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 12:09 PM   #23
bjrnfrdnnd
Connoisseur

That's exciting news!
The prize seems to be a bit steep though, at 400 Euros.
Nate, do you know whether or not they are going to amend the non-exportation of annotations? Any hints regarding firmware/software upgrades? If your annotations can't leave the boox, their usefulness is greatly reduced in my opinion.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:33 PM   #24
menelic
Enthusiast
menelic began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T2
Note taking / exporting notes?

Hapood,

your post
Quote:
can't export now(1.1release)
implies that you are in the know about the boox note taking feature - but I dont't fully get what you want to say: Does it mean there is no feature now but it wil be added? please provide details, because just like bjrnfrdnnd, I find the device to be rather useless to me as long as the notes cannot be exported. So anyone who knows or who is in touch with Onyx (Nate?), please ket us know!
menelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:59 AM   #25
bjrnfrdnnd
Connoisseur

exact size and weight?

The website doesn't say anything regarding exact size and weight.
Can you give us width, height, depth, and weight?
Old 10-30-2009, 01:19 AM   #26
hapood

Quote:
Originally Posted by menelic View Post
Hapood,

your post implies that you are in the know about the boox note taking feature - but I dont't fully get what you want to say: Does it mean there is no feature now but it wil be added? please provide details, because just like bjrnfrdnnd, I find the device to be rather useless to me as long as the notes cannot be exported. So anyone who knows or who is in touch with Onyx (Nate?), please ket us know!
OK,now you can sketch on pdf,and it will be saved as *.sketch in a folder named ".onyx".But I can't find an application to print it on a PC .
BTW , I'm not American ,maybe my word is hard to read。。。。。。。

Last edited by hapood; 10-30-2009 at 01:29 AM.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:26 AM   #27
hapood

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjrnfrdnnd View Post
The website doesn't say anything regarding exact size and weight.
Can you give us width, height, depth, and weight?

SIZE:196mm x 121 x10.6mm

DISPLAY SCREEN:6 “e-ink® Vizplex ®环保显示屏

gray scale:8/16 level resolution:800 x 600 px

CPU:532MHz

FLASH:512MB,300M left

ports:USB 2.0 ,3.5mm earphone

EXPRESS:suport SD 、MMC、SDHC(32G SD)

WiFi

battery:1600mAh li-on

weight:298g

PDF/TXT/HTML/MOBIPOCKET/EPUB/CHM/PDB/JPG/PNG/GIF/BMP/TIFF/MP3/WAV
Old 10-30-2009, 02:57 PM   #28
Jumpn Jack Flash
Lazy Git
Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.

Device: iRex DR800S
Nate

Did you ever get your device working again? Any idea why it stopped working?

Any chance you could use your contacts to find out Onyx's plans for the 8 (is it diagional) and 9.7 devices mentioned on their site.

With irexs ditering I am sitting on the fence for buying a reader (really like the 800SG form factor)
Jumpn Jack Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 11:35 AM   #29
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpn Jack Flash View Post
Nate

Any chance you could use your contacts to find out Onyx's plans for the 8 (is it diagional) and 9.7 devices mentioned on their site.

With irexs ditering I am sitting on the fence for buying a reader (really like the 800SG form factor)
There is no indication that the Onyx will ever be available to consumers directly from the company. This is an OEM and it will have to come through some other company to be available to users. Most OEM's do not have direct sales to consumers. You may be sitting on a fence for a long time if you are waiting for a consumer version of this product.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:34 PM   #30
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpn Jack Flash View Post
Nate

It's working now.

Sorry about the long delay. I was waiting for Onyx to get back to me with instructions. They forgot. I got tired of waiting, so I sent another email today.

My problem was caused by a bug in the power management software. The fix was to remove the back cover and unplug the battery. The bug was fixed in the first firmware update (the one I hadn't bothered to install ).
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boox, onyx