Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-05-2010, 12:33 PM   #16
BVLarson
Author
BVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle
Great techie post, Balerion.
I'm fortunate to never have this problem myself. At least, I haven't seen it yet. The technology behind these screens is clearly not ironed out yet. The Kindle itself is less than three years old at this point. I imagine these screens are like our old cellphones from the 90s... not yet the best.
BVLarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:19 PM   #17
nerys
Addict
nerys began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 500 - REB 1200
well the issue is its a MECHANICAL screen. not an electronic screen even though its called E INK the E really only applies to the CONTROL of the screen. Go through some google-fu at E-ink fascinating reads :-)
nerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2010, 06:01 PM   #18
jasonfedelem
Zealot
jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Gen2
I only get this on when its on screensaver.
jasonfedelem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:56 PM   #19
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Some ghosting is perfectly normal, especially if you're powering off with a darker screensaver. Alt+G should get rid of it. If it continues as you turn pages in a book, that would be a defect. Otherwise, there is nothing to worry about.
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:15 AM   #20
nerys
Addict
nerys began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 500 - REB 1200
actually the ghosting is normal even in page turns but amazon came up with a fascinating way to reduce its impact!

take a REALLY close look at your screen. put your face right up to it and change a few pages. Very neat.
nerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2010, 11:01 AM   #21
johnpdoe
johnpdoe began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi there,

I am experiencing the same ghosting effect but only when browsing a pdf file in zoom mode.

Reading any book, or page turning any pdf will result in a perfect refresh with no ghosting at all.

But If i zoom in a pdf page, say 200%, and the I browse all the 4 corners of the page, then I can see the ghost effect of the previous page quarter. It is a bit worse if you navigate repeatedly through the 4 quadrants of the page several times, as you can slightly see the superposition of all them in the background.

Of course a Alt+G fixes the problem. This is in a DXG.

I thought it was a defect until I saw this thread. I will sleep better now
johnpdoe is offline   Reply With Quote