Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 07-22-2009, 09:47 PM   #16
djgreedo
Addict
djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G, HP Touchpad (Android), Samsung Omnia 7
Cool.

I have a tiny suggestion for the template based on how I use it. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else uses it the same way.

In Calibre, I add my Word docs along with the original .txt or .pdf that I create ebooks from. I am working on converting some Gutenberg mythology books into a nice ebook format, and I have imported the .txt and/or .pdf text into a Word doc. It would be easier for me if the output from Bookcreator (e.g. the .lrf) was given the same name and saved in the same folder as the original Word doc (so it automatically overwrites the last version I created in my Calibre library).

Would anyone else find it useful for the filename and folder to default to the same as the Word doc you're currently editing (minus the file extension of course)?
djgreedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:01 AM   #17
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
It's not working for me, word 2003 does not reconize the file format

On your other question I don't use Calibre/BookCreator, but it is an interesting usage. Quite clever. It wouldn't be to hard to add a feature, like a button that used the current location of the Word document and the current name of the word document, sans the extension. I'll take a look at adding that feature

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2009, 11:41 PM   #18
djgreedo
Addict
djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G, HP Touchpad (Android), Samsung Omnia 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
It's not working for me, word 2003 does not reconize the file format

On your other question I don't use Calibre/BookCreator, but it is an interesting usage. Quite clever. It wouldn't be to hard to add a feature, like a button that used the current location of the Word document and the current name of the word document, sans the extension. I'll take a look at adding that feature

=X=
Oh, it's a shame it doesn't work. You can get an addin from Microsoft to read the new file formats, but I don't know if that extends to templates. If there is demand for the 2007 version I am happy to update a version of the template each time you release a new 2003 version. All I'd need to do is save a copy in .dotm format and paste in the ribbon code.

I made a copy of Bookcreator and hacked in an override to the filename/folder for my own use but a button would be great. On the other hand, I should rename my ebooks in the same convention that Bookcreator uses anyway because it makes sense. I do the same thing for my MP3s (thankfully I don't have anywhere near as many ebooks as music files).
djgreedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 02:21 AM   #19
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Since I can't use your template would you mind zipping up and posting the images you used for the menus along with a screen capture of your modified 2007 template?

Thank you
=X=

Last edited by =X=; 08-07-2009 at 12:33 AM.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:03 PM   #20
pyatrus
Enthusiast
pyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toys

Device: Nexus 7 (2013); Sony PRS-505; Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
Beta 3 (non-Office 2007 ver) doesn't work for me with Win XP, SP 2 and Word 2003 SP3

receive error about GUIBUILDER
pyatrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2009, 08:59 PM   #21
pyatrus
Enthusiast
pyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toys

Device: Nexus 7 (2013); Sony PRS-505; Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyatrus View Post
Beta 3 (non-Office 2007 ver) doesn't work for me with Win XP, SP 2 and Word 2003 SP3
receive error about GUIBUILDER
Update: closed & then reopened MS Word after attaching template & then template worked (i.e., problem resolved)
pyatrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 09:43 AM   #22
Kosst Amojan
Addict
Kosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyatrus View Post
Update: closed & then reopened MS Word after attaching template & then template worked (i.e., problem resolved)
That didn't really work for me. I have Word 2007 and I keep getting the GUIBUILDER error.
Kosst Amojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:30 AM   #23
=X=
Wizard

Did you install ePublisher? The details is on post 10 of this thread.

=X=
Old 09-10-2009, 12:19 AM   #24
Kosst Amojan
Addict
Kosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to behold

First thing I did. Even tried djgreedo's template.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:28 PM   #25
=X=
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosst Amojan View Post
That didn't really work for me. I have Word 2007 and I keep getting the GUIBUILDER error.
It appears the marcos are not working. What is the security setting on Word2007. You have to set the security very low to get them to work.

=X=
Old 09-10-2009, 05:26 PM   #26
Kosst Amojan
Addict

I enabled all macros a while ago.

Here's the thing now, all the formatting functions work except conversion.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:16 PM   #27
=X=
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosst Amojan View Post
I enabled all macros a while ago.

Here's the thing now, all the formatting functions work except conversion.
Check the paths BookCreator assumes the default path for calibre. If you changed the default path you'll have to update BC to point to calibre. Also I only need the path not the name of the executable.

Also what version of calibre do you have installed?
Old 09-12-2009, 10:30 PM   #28
Kosst Amojan
Addict

Sorry, just moved yesterday.

I get a "Project is unviewable" error in VB when I try to look at the BookCreator template. And I'm running 0.6.8 Calibre.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:19 AM   #29
=X=
Wizard

Kosst I'll PM you
Old 10-03-2009, 08:55 PM   #30
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
I'm getting the error message "Compile error in hidden module: eBookCommon"

Any advice?

I'm using windows XP, Miscrosoft Office 2007. Calibre 6.16
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote