Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-04-2009, 06:54 PM   #16
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Remember, a penny found is a penny earned.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:56 PM   #17
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
I've never passed one up! even when I had a plush bank account!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2009, 06:57 PM   #18
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Oh, I had one of the weirdest neighbors, who was in Montréal to study. She was always lost or looking for something, never totally aware of where she was. When she suddenly decided to go back to Switzerland, she threw away everything she had in her home two weeks before leaving (go figure). I couldn't believe the sight of all that could be re-used, given away or recycled, so I dived in. In an afternoon, I found and kept for me new drapes, a ratchet kit and some new pots and pans, I took for a friend a whole set of power tools (being Yvan's daughter, I have a ton), for another one two bags of kitchen utensils, but the very best find was this:
600$, her passport and bank statements. Which I (sights) gave back (sights). I could've fled to Mexico with this!
A few weeks after she left, I needed the ratchets so I opened the bag to realize there was a numeric camera in there. I think it was karma, rewarding my honesty...

Krisk, there is nothing more fun than to play with your decor, enjoy it to the fullest... and pictures would be nice!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:01 PM   #19
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

yeah I am really looking forward to this! feeling a bit like a young soldier again!
Old 06-05-2009, 02:10 AM   #20
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Hmm, I'm not into buying second-hand stuff. We've bought a couch set second hand once (a 3-seat, 2-seat and 1-seat), and our old kitchen chairs were second hand (got them from my mother). The only thing we've second hand right now is our bed. It's a lits jumeaux and we've had it for ages. And it will be replaced by a new, hand-made bed once the bedroom is finished.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2009, 05:10 AM   #21
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Remember, a penny found is a penny earned.
...and you remembered to pay tax on that ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:46 AM   #22
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
...and you remembered to pay tax on that ....
No, that would be: a penny found is two pennies taxed...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:55 AM   #23
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post
numeric camera
An interesting translation problem - unless this is the common term in Canadian English?

digital != numeric
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:55 AM   #24
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
No, that would be: a penny found is two pennies taxed...

if you 'find' something - is that not a service that attracts VAT ?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:10 AM   #25
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
An interesting translation problem - unless this is the common term in Canadian English?

digital != numeric
Nope, that was clearly a French word! Thanks!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:31 AM   #26
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Remember when you're poor and buy used furniture, it's second hand.

When you're rich and buy used furniture, it's antiques....

Back in 1980 my parents decided my brother needed a dining room set. SO they, (and I tagged along), checked a couple of sales from a military base paper. They bought a 1940 Thomasville set for $300 dollars. My brother and I use it daily today... In a hundred years, it's probably be an antique....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:20 AM   #27
krisk
Wizard

here are yesterday's prizes;
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	downsized_0604091811[1].jpg
Views:	174
Size:	233.8 KB
ID:	30326  
Old 06-05-2009, 11:45 AM   #28
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
here are yesterday's prizes;
Nice.

I have a set of clear glass dinnerware just like that I've been trying to give to give to my daughter, but she reminded me there's nothing wrong with the white set of Corell dinnerware I gave her when she moved out. She lives alone and doesn't need another set.

Off to the Salvation Army they'll go.

Baskets . . . I LOVE baskets. I collect baskets. But I've collected so many through the years that a few months ago I had to "bite the bullet" and ship them off to the Salvation Army. My collection is now more controllable (but I'm not.)
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:49 AM   #29
krisk
Wizard

lol! I know I have basket issues as well! I thought the glass would be a nice touch. at home I have glass cobalt blue, so if I move home with these, they will integrate well
Old 06-05-2009, 12:22 PM   #30
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
lol! I know I have basket issues as well! I thought the glass would be a nice touch. at home I have glass cobalt blue, so if I move home with these, they will integrate well
I guess you & Lady Blue are just "Basket Cases".
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote