Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you have pets? Which one(s)?
No!!!!! 6 5.66%
No. 7 6.60%
Dog(s) 52 49.06%
Cat(s) 60 56.60%
Bird(s) 7 6.60%
Turtle(s) 1 0.94%
Fish 7 6.60%
Rodent(s) 4 3.77%
Other(s) not listed here 11 10.38%
PORTUGAL!!! 8 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-03-2009, 04:19 PM   #16
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
One cat, one dog.

And three grandchildren, but that's not a choice, so I voted for Portugal.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 04:28 PM   #17
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
I have three forever kitties and five foster kittens right now. I work with a group that does TNR (trap-neuter-return) in my city. We have a lot of ferals in my neighborhood, so I also have half a dozen ferals that live in my yard and a colony nearby that we're trapping in right now. I'll probably end up with a few more kittens soon (maybe even tonight) since we've spotted two in the colony. I'm pretty sure there are more. They're young enough to be socialized fairly easily.

Two of my forever kitties were older ferals I trapped but they were still able to be socialized. They were a bit skittish and I'd notched their ears so I was concerned I wouldn't be able to get them homes (and I did kinda get attached). Now that I have three I pretty much have to stop keeping them if I still want to foster and I can't see stopping fostering. It's hard to give them away but it's also fun getting kittens every year. I wish it wasn't due to our society's general lack of responsibility with critters, but boy are they cute. My little boy kitty loves kittens so he helps me with the babies. He's so friendly that he really helped the shy little girl learn to be more social, too. (My older cat I had before all this just tries to ignore it.)
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2009, 04:39 PM   #18
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Aie...

Cats - 2
Dogs - 4
Birds - 3
Others - 2 (see avatar)
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 04:45 PM   #19
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Ferretses! I love ferretses!

Oh, and I used to read on a 6800, too, before I got my Kindle. I still do from time to time. It's a nifty little device.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:35 PM   #20
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
2 dogs!
Defiantly a dog person, cats are little arrogant, smelly bastards who leave hair and furballs everywhere.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2009, 08:41 PM   #21
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
I have three forever kitties and five foster kittens right now. I work with a group that does TNR (trap-neuter-return) in my city. We have a lot of ferals in my neighborhood, so I also have half a dozen ferals that live in my yard and a colony nearby that we're trapping in right now. I'll probably end up with a few more kittens soon (maybe even tonight) since we've spotted two in the colony. I'm pretty sure there are more. They're young enough to be socialized fairly easily.

Two of my forever kitties were older ferals I trapped but they were still able to be socialized. They were a bit skittish and I'd notched their ears so I was concerned I wouldn't be able to get them homes (and I did kinda get attached). Now that I have three I pretty much have to stop keeping them if I still want to foster and I can't see stopping fostering. It's hard to give them away but it's also fun getting kittens every year. I wish it wasn't due to our society's general lack of responsibility with critters, but boy are they cute. My little boy kitty loves kittens so he helps me with the babies. He's so friendly that he really helped the shy little girl learn to be more social, too. (My older cat I had before all this just tries to ignore it.)
alisa, it makes me happy every time i hear about someone going to the trouble to help stray animals. i think it's wonderful that you are doing so much for the cats in your neighborhood. i have 2 cats i rescued (well, technically i only rescued the one, but the second one was growing in her belly at the time...) and since i live in a tiny appartment that's already quite a lot for me but i really admire people who do whatever they can, whether it's one or many (like you). maximum respect. i think people who show love and respect to animals are good, kind people, and i wish everyone had that tendency ; the world would be a better place, i am sure of it. there have been lots of stories of people rescuing or helping animals around here and each one really makes me happy to read it. keep doing what you do.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:03 PM   #22
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Three tropical fish, Aphyosemion Bivitatum Tiko Green.

1 brother lives with me as well. Does he count?
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:47 PM   #23
Alisa
Gadget Geek

Thanks Zelda! I think I'm blushing. And thank you for rescuing your little guys! I'm sure you've made a huge difference in their lives.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:51 PM   #24
ladyjane
I hate to clean
ladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, Acer NetBook
This is mine, I'm partial to blondes
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:46 AM   #25
Alisa
Gadget Geek

Just thought I'd post the good news. We got the two kittens. They're scared and full of fleas but they're letting me touch them. We have good hope for a happy outcome here. Now I have seven kittens. I might be mad.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ekittens.JPG
Views:	178
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	30262  
Old 06-04-2009, 01:40 AM   #26
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Just thought I'd post the good news. We got the two kittens. They're scared and full of fleas but they're letting me touch them. We have good hope for a happy outcome here. Now I have seven kittens. I might be mad.
....as a hatter, hon, but isn't it lovely to be mad in this particular case?
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:28 AM   #27
ruskie
Shade
ruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enough

Device: Hanlin Jinke V3ext running OpenInkPot
Two 7kg each cats. They have a bit of maine coon in them I guess since none of them is overly fat. Infact one is a bit on the plump side the other on the lean side. I think they're 4 years old now(considering I have problems with my own age figuring out). One is black with a few white hairs(yeah hairs not patches, spots etc) the other is covered in stripes brown and black.

Here's a pic of them a few months old:
http://ruskie.codemages.net/scry/ind...1130186409.jpg

This is just after they got their medicine and they look very poor in here but are both very healthy.

They're indoor only though considering the 20 m^2 or so of balconies they have quite a lot of fresh air as well...
ruskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:32 AM   #28
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
they are beautiful cats.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:34 AM   #29
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Two cats, both rescued. The big red one is now about two years, the smaller is 4. The red one was a bit scared of about everything, loud noises, a hand trying to pet. He's finally learning to receive and give love, so it's all going to be alright!

There might be a dog coming... My mother has two small dogs, male + female, and that female just had her first heat. And that male, who the doctor thought didn't have any balls (literally!), might actually have them... My mother already was planning to get some pups with these two, but not just yet...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 04:44 AM   #30
Jill75
Zealot
Jill75 doesn't litterJill75 doesn't litter

Device: none
2 Dogs and a few stray cats. I had 2 guinea pigs but died when it gave birth.
Jill75 is offline   Reply With Quote