Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-18-2009, 05:37 PM   #16
electristan
newbie reader
electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: reMarkable, Boox T68, Kobo Mini, Nook STR, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Folder management
This will make a lot of people happy
electristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 06:08 PM   #17
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
But having broken the screen once (& got it repaired), I'm not buying a new eInk reader until the screens no longer have a glass substrate. They're just too fragile, although I suppose the 5" will be less susceptible to breaking than the 6", like the 6" is to the 9".
I like the idea of a reader small enough to put in my pocket, but I think I'll wait until they replace the glass substrate. The thought of it breaking in my pocket is worrisome.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2009, 06:18 PM   #18
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by electristan View Post
Why? After all, you'll have to shell out MORE money for a newer, smaller-screened, device in order to GET the folder management. Don't know about you, but I'm rather strained in the pocketbook right now.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:25 PM   #19
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Besides, nobody has mentioned a SD card. folders and no SD card slot is unacceptable to me.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:24 PM   #20
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by electristan View Post
Yes, but if no SD slot, there isn't much to manage.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2009, 11:57 PM   #21
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Well, I have about 1000 books on my iPhone and manage them easily with tags. No folders required.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:46 AM   #22
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Any speculation on a possible price on this 5" CyBook? Looks like it's shaping up to be a interesting competitor to the Mini BeBook.
Acreo Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:16 AM   #23
electristan
newbie reader
electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: reMarkable, Boox T68, Kobo Mini, Nook STR, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Why? After all, you'll have to shell out MORE money for a newer, smaller-screened, device in order to GET the folder management. Don't know about you, but I'm rather strained in the pocketbook right now.

Derek
Very true, but it' is still a feature people here ask for in every new ebook, and their are hopefully some people with more disposable income than you or I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
I'd love an SD slot to, but even without one most of my books come in under a MB in size so you could have a thousand books.
electristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:47 AM   #24
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post

Derek
Gen 3 will have folder manager. No need to buy the opus unless you want to.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:12 AM   #25
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Gen 3 will have folder manager. No need to buy the opus unless you want to.
Yep, and not "will have" but "have"

And for the SD card, I don't thing that Bookeen will do like Amazon with the K2, I seriously doubt that the Opus (really strange name...) don't have a SD card (or smaller SD like mini or micro SD)

But for thoses who think about the solidity of the screen, the smaller the screen is, stronger it will be (yoda inside )

Simply because a smaller device is less flexible, that's why I think if that the Kindle DX have not a flexible screen, they will have a lot of customer service about broken screen...
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:27 AM   #26
GUIZMOW
Enthusiast
GUIZMOW doesn't litterGUIZMOW doesn't litterGUIZMOW doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen3
Wouuuhou!! G-sensor will be nice for manga and comics! if fast it will really be a Plus.
Hop Hop Opus!
Quote:
and for the SD card, I don't thing that Bookeen will do like Amazon with the K2, I seriously doubt that the Opus (really strange name...) don't have a SD card (or smaller SD like mini or micro SD)
I hope so, but still, it will have a 1Gb of memory and with a folder view it will be ok to have the memory full.

I am questioning myself ...Will it be possible to put it in a sox??
GUIZMOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 05:42 AM   #27
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Does someone know if the Opus share hardware with the Gen3? Bookeen says it's 4 grayscale, so it should share the Appolo eInk Driver with the Gen3, so if it doesn't use the EPSON one, maybe it's nearly the same hardware as the Gen3? And if it's true, maybe bookeen will release same firmware for both Gen3 and Opus? (it will be great!)
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 05:59 AM   #28
TotalRoul
TotaleReader Crew
TotalRoul is on a distinguished road

Device: iRex iLiad, Cybook, Hanlin v3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
Any speculation on a possible price on this 5" CyBook? Looks like it's shaping up to be a interesting competitor to the Mini BeBook.

Yes, the price will be 249,95 Euro and I hope I don't break any rules by saying that you can pre-order at shop.totalereaders.com.

Last edited by TotalRoul; 05-19-2009 at 06:03 AM.
TotalRoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 06:04 AM   #29
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Ouch. That's about £220 at current exchange rates, while the original CyBook is available for £195.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalRoul View Post
Yes, the price will be 249,95 Euro and I hope I don't break any rules by saying that you can actually pre-order one at shop.totalereaders.com.
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 06:22 AM   #30
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Ouch. That's about £220 at current exchange rates, while the original CyBook is available for £195.
Then you'll probably have to wait till it's available in the UK... I already noticed the prices there are much cheaper then here...

(notice the price tag of the original cybook at 280 euro, while 195 pounds is about 220...)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote