Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-01-2009, 10:48 AM   #16
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
That actually makes sense here.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:44 AM   #17
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
That's it, I'm hiring Harlan "I'll sue anyone, anytime, anywhere, for any reason" Ellison to sue the remains of Jane Austen. Well, if she hadn't written the book in the first place then I would never have had the idea to steal.
As a sidenote, Harlan Ellison has just brought suit against Moejoe for copyright infringement of his intellectual property, ""I'll sue anyone, anytime, anywhere, for any reason"". Oh crap...

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2009, 05:51 PM   #18
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh215 View Post
As a sidenote, Harlan Ellison has just brought suit against Moejoe for copyright infringement of his intellectual property, ""I'll sue anyone, anytime, anywhere, for any reason"". Oh crap...

-MJ
I'm counter-suing him and stating 'prior art' on his name. Well, someone had that name before him and used it, so he's breaking copyright by using that name...or something like that....or maybe I'll just lie and say he ran me down in his car
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:48 PM   #19
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
I can't believe it! I made a joke on Twitter the other day about doing Jane Austen with Zombies, and a few days later there's a book about the very same topic! They must have infiltrated my Twitter, then gone back in time and wrote that book... it's the only possible explanation
Well, I believe it. However, the question that arises in my mind is .... why are we not following each other on Twitter?? I follow the other people I like here at MR on Twitter. Hmmmmmm???

And, not really completely off topic, but I met Harlan when he was actually writing a book in the window of a bookstore (in Venice Beach, California) where I used to hang out (quite a bit actually ... damn near every day for ten years). Started reading his books then. Several years later, I sat next to Jeff Bridges and his wife, Sue (I think that's her name ... pretty lady, she was preggers with their first child at the time) at a Talking Heads concert, and he and I started talking, and somehow we got on the topic of Harlan Ellison, and it turned out that Harlan had dedicated his latest book to Jeff. Just another meaningless moment of full-circle, six degrees of separation weirdness in my life. Also a shining example of a run on sentence.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:52 PM   #20
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Well here's my twitter if anyone is so inclined http://twitter.com/typewriterhead

And here's my Jane Austen joke from the other day: it is a truth universally acknowledged that a rotting corpse in in possession of some flesh, must be in want of braaainnnss!!
Advert
Old 04-01-2009, 06:55 PM   #21
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Well here's my twitter if anyone is so inclined http://twitter.com/typewriterhead

And here's my Jane Austen joke from the other day: it is a truth universally acknowledged that a rotting corpse in in possession of some flesh, must be in want of braaainnnss!!
So inclined - I'm now following you...
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:56 PM   #22
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
So inclined - I'm now following you...
And I'm now following you (but not in any weird way )
Old 04-01-2009, 06:59 PM   #23
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Well, I believe it. However, the question that arises in my mind is .... why are we not following each other on Twitter?? I follow the other people I like here at MR on Twitter. Hmmmmmm???

And, not really completely off topic, but I met Harlan when he was actually writing a book in the window of a bookstore (in Venice Beach, California) where I used to hang out (quite a bit actually ... damn near every day for ten years). Started reading his books then. Several years later, I sat next to Jeff Bridges and his wife, Sue (I think that's her name ... pretty lady, she was preggers with their first child at the time) at a Talking Heads concert, and he and I started talking, and somehow we got on the topic of Harlan Ellison, and it turned out that Harlan had dedicated his latest book to Jeff. Just another meaningless moment of full-circle, six degrees of separation weirdness in my life. Also a shining example of a run on sentence.

Weird? You want weird? Just think, you're a direct link between The Deathbird and The Case Of the Golden Coprolite. Now THAT'S weird!

Ralphie
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:02 PM   #24
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Weird? You want weird? Just think, you're a direct link between The Deathbird and The Case Of the Golden Coprolite. Now THAT'S weird!

Ralphie
Want weird?? No .... I am weird.

Love you too.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:25 PM   #25
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
And I'm now following you (but not in any weird way )
I'm following all of you, in a weird way.

Cheers,
Marc (Braaaaaaiiiiinnnns...)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:26 PM   #26
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:

I am following you now as well. And, you know, you could still do Casablanca with Werewolves .....
Old 04-01-2009, 09:28 PM   #27
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
I am following you now as well. And, you know, you could still do Casablanca with Werewolves .....
personally i'm still hoping for beowulf-with-socks. i would read that.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:34 PM   #28
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
personally i'm still hoping for beowulf-with-socks. i would read that.
I'm waiting for "The Lord of the Flies" with gibbon-pigs.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:58 PM   #29
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I'm waiting for Donner Party: The Musical. I already have one verse ready:

(Sung o The Christmas Song)
My nuts roasting on an open fire,
Someone's nibbling on my nose,
Bast me again with the Pinot Grigio,
You can have my thigh to go.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:06 PM   #30
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
I want The Wizard Of Odds in Las Vegas with showgirls instead of munchkins....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote