Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-09-2009, 08:45 PM   #16
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
What I did was put my other books on my webserver in a password protected directory that I can access with the Kindle's web browser, works great.
AnemicOak, any hints on getting started with this? I tried the Calibre webserver, but, nice as it is, it's much to complex for the Kindle browser.
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:53 PM   #17
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrowley View Post
AnemicOak, any hints on getting started with this? I tried the Calibre webserver, but, nice as it is, it's much to complex for the Kindle browser.
I just htaccess password protected a folder and stuck folders inside for each author which contain their books.

Using the Kindle's web browser I go to the URL, enter username & password and am presented with an HTML page which is a list of each author with his/her books listed below their name (see attached). It's not the prettiest thing it the world, but it works with both the K1 & K2.

Using the web browser to click any title/filename will bring up a download box. It'll then download to the Kindle and show up on the Home screen when done. I generated the HTML list with DirectoryLister and edited the HTML a bit to get it working. I'm going to redo the HTML so it's just author names and brings you to their folder though, otherwise it's to much scrolling.

I actually did it without the HTML list at first and just browsed to the folder I wanted. That worked ok, but had larger text and made it harder to read in the Kindles browser.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-39601.gif
Views:	209
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	25361  
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2009, 07:02 PM   #18
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
BOb. Thanks. is it also not not true that if you buy a kindle it will eat your brain?
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:28 PM   #19
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrowley View Post
I have all my files on a Windows Home Server that allows me to get in via remote access. I mostly use the server as a media server, television programs, movies, music and photos but I also have a backup of my Calibre library on the server that I can remotely access.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:27 PM   #20
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy White View Post
BOb. Thanks. is it also not not true that if you buy a kindle it will eat your brain?
I'm not sure on that one.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert