Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-12-2009, 12:18 AM   #16
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Both of mine updated themselves, RM, and I haven't noticed any problems.

I do like being able to delete an item from the same page I'm reading on, or the home page, instead of having to go thru the 'content manager' page....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:34 AM   #17
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Both of mine updated themselves, RM, and I haven't noticed any problems.

I do like being able to delete an item from the same page I'm reading on, or the home page, instead of having to go thru the 'content manager' page....
Understood .... but I have an 8GB SD card in my Kindle. I don't delete books, I keep them and re-read them. Zooming in is also not something I need ...

So, the idea that my Kindles can be automatically bricked by Amazon, and that their response is .... return it and pay a restocking fee (unless you are willing to press the point) is disturbing.

Even my iPhone and iPods have a "reset to factory defaults" option. But, the Kindle doesn't?? And, it's one thing if I do something to damage my Kindle, but if Amazon does it? That's supposed to be my problem?

That is not acceptable.

However, I'm probably just a little upset at Amazon just now. I paid them for a computer that they were supposed to have delivered to me tomorrow, and instead, they gave me a bogus tracking number and have a notation on my account that the package has "arrived" at some unknown location that is most certainly not this house. I mean seriously .... under location it has "---" as of yesterday .... just "arrived" and "---".

Terrific. I can hardly wait to see how Amazon handles this little hiccup.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2009, 11:34 PM   #18
palex481
Connoisseur
palex481 is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-505
So does anyone know if the Kindle 1 is still being actively updated or will development on it cease now that the K2 is out... I sure hope not. I want new features for K1 still.
palex481 is offline   Reply With Quote