Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 09-07-2007, 06:42 AM   #16
mandochild
mandochild began at the beginning.

Location: Currently in Oxfordshire, UK, but moving back to Canberra, Australia in November - after 10 years in the UK!
Device: Palm LifeDrive
Sounds like reading on iPod is somewhat masochistic! Wonder what the new large screen iPods will be like?! Can they compete with eink???? (okay, they won't be as great to read, but does the added bonus of music and portability cancel out the size and screen problem?
mandochild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:36 AM   #17
andym
Groupie
andym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandochild View Post
Sounds like reading on iPod is somewhat masochistic! Wonder what the new large screen iPods will be like?! Can they compete with eink???? (okay, they won't be as great to read, but does the added bonus of music and portability cancel out the size and screen problem?
IIRC the new screens are 3.5inch diagonal with a resolution of 480x320 (ish). So very roughly the same as a pda (same size though some pdas have a higher resolution). Smaller and with lower resolution than eink but perfectly usable and of course - colour. Reading A4 pdfs is possible but not something you'd want to do for an extended session but eBooks in html or a custom pdf from FeedBooks would be more than fine (espoecially as I think they use apple's Quartz rendering technology). There were some screengrabs from the iPhone somewhere on the site (or try the Books.app pages).
andym is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2008, 04:52 PM   #18
Gorod
Gorod began at the beginning.

Device: Google Nexus S
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to let you all know that Publish eBook now has a new version that should work fine with Word 2007, and with a few other improvements.

Check it out at

http://pwp.netcabo.pt/gorod/PublisheBook

Thanks.
Gorod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 04:09 AM   #19
rajeevgeorge
rajeevgeorge began at the beginning.

Device: None
Gorod's PublisheBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorod View Post
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to let you all know that Publish eBook now has a new version that should work fine with Word 2007, and with a few other improvements.

Check it out at

http://pwp.netcabo.pt/gorod/PublisheBook

Thanks.
Hi,

That link is down. Do you have another site where I could download that utility?
Thanks
Rajeev
rajeevgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 04:30 AM   #20
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevgeorge View Post
Hi,

That link is down. Do you have another site where I could download that utility?
Thanks
Rajeev
No wonder, it's quasi neolithical considering the age of the Internet.
There are a lot of better tools around anyway. Please tell us what you want to do exactly and I'll give you a link!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2009, 04:40 AM   #21
rajeevgeorge
rajeevgeorge began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
No wonder, it's quasi neolithical considering the age of the Internet.
There are a lot of better tools around anyway. Please tell us what you want to do exactly and I'll give you a link!
Thanks for the offer. I would like to make ebooks/convert to EReader format from MS Word and/or PDF formats.

Thanks again.
rajeevgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:44 AM   #22
PieOPah
Addict
PieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505
Check https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28313 to see if that outputs the format you are after.
PieOPah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:11 AM   #23
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Stanza at www.lexcycle.com!
Old 11-03-2009, 01:07 PM   #24
Gorod
Gorod began at the beginning.

Device: Google Nexus S
The link for Publish eBook is now

http://publishebook.x10hosting.com/

My previous free hosting was terminated by my ISP, so I changed it to a new place... I'm sorry it took me a few months to do it! :-)

I hope it's still useful for someone...
Gorod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 01:32 PM   #25
rckstr
rckstr began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten T5
Cool

Hi Peter,

I tried to go to the site and get this program but was directed to a site that was spanish????? Is this site correct????

Rickie

Quote:
Editor's Comment:
This following post was recently entered by Peter Gorod, and I am delighted to highjack it for the front page. It's exciting to see this sort of tool appear. Peter has written a program to convert from MS Word documents to eReader format complete with tables and charts, etc. It can then be read on multiple platforms including PalmOS and Pocket PC.

I have not used the program myself, so I don't really know anything about it yet (nor can I guarantee its safety), but I encourage the more adventurous of our readers to give it a go and let Peter know on his forum what you think. Be sure to stop by here also to keep us updated on the general reaction! BobR
rckstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 02:42 PM   #26
mtravellerh
book creator

Have a look at the post prior to your own, please!
Old 01-03-2010, 10:52 PM   #27
miannayyar
miannayyar began at the beginning.

Device: club
how i can convert my word documents to my mobile e-book my mobile is china club
miannayyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:47 AM   #28
mtravellerh
book creator

I don't know your reader. What formats does it understand? Normally, simple text may be easily transferrable and is understood by most hardware readers. Open with Word, then save as text.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:55 AM   #29
neelley
neelley began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Editor's Comment:
This following post was recently entered by Peter Gorod, and I am delighted to highjack it for the front page. It's exciting to see this sort of tool appear. Peter has written a program to convert from MS Word documents to eReader format complete with tables and charts, etc. It can then be read on multiple platforms including PalmOS and Pocket PC.

I have not used the program myself, so I don't really know anything about it yet (nor can I guarantee its safety), but I encourage the more adventurous of our readers to give it a go and let Peter know on his forum what you think. Be sure to stop by here also to keep us updated on the general reaction! BobR
Has anyone tried this? The url redirects to a different page...I don't see anything about the tool mentioned.
neelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:58 AM   #30
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The page linked in the first post says it's discontinued.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote