Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Today, 03:16 PM   #16
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HVBog View Post
OK, got the comments now and indeed I add them for every book, I've set the management to automatic, but the comments do not get sent to my Kobo Libra 2. Pity. Hope I can get it to work in the future
Maybe this is a dumb question. But on the Kobo how exactly are you looking for the comments? In My Books, you should be able to click on '...' and see as I posted in the attached photos. (I added the page and word count.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	210208   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	969.1 KB
ID:	210209   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	942.2 KB
ID:	210210   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Size:	931.8 KB
ID:	210211   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Size:	812.2 KB
ID:	210212  
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:31 PM   #17
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
In My Books, you should be able to click on '...' and see as I posted in the attached photos. (I added the page and word count.)
Also available within an open book.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 04:51 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
I only copy strictly the synopsis and leave everything else out. Titles get also shortened to strictly titles and no other junk.

I don't download metadata, as I would ditch most of it anyway. Copy/paste is faster for me. Any comments that are initially included with the book get deleted, as I can't be bothered to edit that trash.
I cannot stand when we get Some Book Title: A Novel. That's rather insulting.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:55 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I also delete any praises, raves and reviews from within the book, no matter if they're about that book or something else. I don't want any.
I delete all useless HTML files. Such as the HTML ToC, review burbs, adverts, previews, list of other books by the author, and any other rubbish I don't want.

Not only does it make the ebook smaller, I don't have to page through the crap.

Penguin is the worst for excess crap. They have an advert at the end of the book that has a graphic and some embedded fonts that are not used anyplace else in the eBook. So that crap goes. Sure do the graphics, but don't use the embedded fonts.
Old Today, 04:57 PM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Maybe this is a dumb question. But on the Kobo how exactly are you looking for the comments? In My Books, you should be able to click on '...' and see as I posted in the attached photos. (I added the page and word count.)
The blurb you are showing us really bugs me because you left in the review crap. With the review crap, that's not a proper summery of the book.
Advert
Old Today, 05:00 PM   #21
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The blurb you are showing us really bugs me because you left in the review crap. With the review crap, that's not a proper summery of the book.
It bugs me too, but let's be honest, most folks don't nitpick and edit every detail of their ebooks. I'm pretty sure most Calibre users just download their metadata and leave it as it is. Maybe they edit the book or series title at most.

Last edited by Sirtel; Today at 05:02 PM.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:03 PM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
It bugs me too, but let's be honest, most folks don't nitpick and edit every detail of their ebooks.
It's just a matter of leaving out(or deleting the review bit. That's not difficult.

But yes, I do edit most of the details of the eBook. I use search.replace to go through the eBook to find any classes that need to be dealt with. It;s not really all that difficult. I do a lot of editing while watching TV.