Notices

Old 06-11-2024, 11:02 AM   #16
jaydee34983
jaydee34983 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
I've never used that patch. Again, you need to try it yourself and see if it works.
Looks like it didn't work. Didn't create the "KoboRoot.tgz" file in the out folder (step 7).

I opened the log.txt file and at the bottom, I have:

ReplaceBytes: could not find specified bytes
--> could not apply patch "Hide browser from beta features": line 884: inst: 3

Does this seem like I did something wrong, or is this patch not compatible with Kobo Libra Colour (w/firmware v4.39...) in it's current iteration?
jaydee34983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 11:48 AM   #17
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->L2->iOS/CBW
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee34983 View Post
Looks like it didn't work. Didn't create the "KoboRoot.tgz" file in the out folder (step 7).

I opened the log.txt file and at the bottom, I have:

--> could not apply patch "Hide browser from beta features": line 884: inst: 3

Does this seem like I did something wrong, or is this patch not compatible with Kobo Libra Colour (w/firmware v4.39...) in it's current iteration?
That means that patch is not compatible with Libra Colour.

Also, the 24 line spacing patch won't work for any of the new devices if you like that patch. You can use the 10 line spacing patch though (at least on the CBW)

I am not sure when/if updated patches will come out.
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2024, 03:37 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
I've always used just Notepad without any issues. I don't even have Notepad++ installed.

Never understood why folks say you shouldn't use Notepad.
For one thing, Notepad++ is so much better then Notepad. That and Notepad++ keeps the same line endings that are in the text file.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 03:39 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by slantybard View Post
That means that patch is not compatible with Libra Colour.

Also, the 24 line spacing patch won't work for any of the new devices if you like that patch. You can use the 10 line spacing patch though (at least on the CBW)

I am not sure when/if updated patches will come out.
I think the patches will come out when the new firmware for all devices is released.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 04:09 PM   #20
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
If you want to be really cool, use a CLI-based Linux OS and edit with vi.
Personally, I prefer nano to vi/vim for quick and dirty edits though neither holds a candle to emacs (if you can survive the learning curve ).
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2024, 06:14 PM   #21
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
If you want to be really cool, use a CLI-based Linux OS and edit with vi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Personally, I prefer nano to vi/vim for quick and dirty edits though neither holds a candle to emacs (if you can survive the learning curve ).
But this is about CR + LF (Windows Notepad) vs LF (Everything else), I thought everyone in the vi/emacs wars was retired or dead. Emacs does have Eliza built in, which is more environmentally friendly than ChatGPT.
I'd use Notepad++ on windows, and it does work on WINE. I've used vi and emac, but tend to use KATE for GUI (it's a bit like Notepad++, but Linux) or nano for cli.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 09:10 PM   #22
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I like JOE (Joe's Own Editor). It has a Jstar flavor and uses the old WordStar keystrokes. (There's a version available for Windows, but I use it in Linux.) I use Emacs for its Fountain-Mode add-on, but I just learned enough about Emacs to get that working. Emacs is a whole world of its own. Maybe if I was younger I would look into it more.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote