Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-11-2009, 08:45 PM   #16
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I found a book cheaper on BoB than Amazon. I had to use mobidedrm with my PC's PID, and then transfer the book to my kindle. Then I deleted the first version. See "BooksonBoard purchase won't convert. Help please!" in the Mobi thread. Debra
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:44 PM   #17
BrianJ48
BrianJ48 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
NYC Library prc files won't open

Converting prc files from my library works fine. NYC files convert, but on Kindle message says " The selected item could not be opened" Then advises me to go to my Kindle on Amazon. Any thoughts? Thanks
BrianJ48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2009, 10:00 PM   #18
spiegels
lifetime reader
spiegels began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
I have no issues with NYPL files. I am currently reading The Snowball which I downloaded from there last week.

I used kindlefix and then mobi2mobi to clean it up.
spiegels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:07 PM   #19
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianJ48 View Post
Converting prc files from my library works fine. NYC files convert, but on Kindle message says " The selected item could not be opened" Then advises me to go to my Kindle on Amazon. Any thoughts? Thanks
what is the message you get when you run kindlefix.py?

And, what is your command line?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:33 PM   #20
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Please try the updated script.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2009, 01:13 AM   #21
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianJ48 View Post
Converting prc files from my library works fine. NYC files convert, but on Kindle message says " The selected item could not be opened"
There have been reports that KindleFIX will only work if the Kindle PID is the first PID in the file or the only PID in the file. These reports are not necessarily definitive, but if you have two PIDs registered at NYC see if registering only the Kindle helps. You should definitely try igorsk's updated script first though.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:45 AM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Sorry greyparrot but we are no longer allowed to give you help in this.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:18 AM   #23
vng
vng began at the beginning.

Device: None
NYPL book not converting, help.

I have a K2 and dl'ed a few titles from NYPL (NY Pub library) and tried to use kindlefix to convert, but the result is "PID not valid". Does anyone know if its because the Kindle PID is not the only one on my account (I have 2 other ones registered as 1 and 2) or if it has to be the first one listed? Thanks for your help, I would really like to be able to use NYPL materials on the kinidle.
vng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 02:32 PM   #24
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Did you try the PID for your computer?
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote