Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-31-2008, 11:55 AM   #16
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
You could still set up a default card of course.

BOb
True. I do like that it automatically uses gift cards and codes, if you have them.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 12:27 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
why don't you unregister one of the devices from one of the accounts, and re-register it to the other account ? then both would be on the same account and that seems like the end result you want.
Any purchased books on the unregistered account will be lost.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2009, 12:09 PM   #18
narbeauchamp
Groupie
narbeauchamp has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS700BC/PRS505/TZ350N/MacBook/Aspire One/iPad/iPhone/BB 9630
If you are looking to share one or two books-on seperate accounts-can the books be on a memory card,can you do it that way ? (it seems to me this could work...no ? )

We maintain two seperate accounts (and actually I wasn't aware until this thread that you could not register a device on two accounts-grrr)-occasionally there is a book that either of us would like the other to read-and we'd like to read them WITHOUT having to switch readers (ESPECIALLY true,now that I just bought a 700....I mean that's how he ended up with his 505,because I didn't want mine to "disappear" and bought him one.....grr)-and we would not want to lose purchased books on either account (although somehow in the end it seems I will be paying for everything twice-I am sensing a pattern...)
narbeauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:11 PM   #19
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by narbeauchamp View Post
If you are looking to share one or two books-on seperate accounts-can the books be on a memory card,can you do it that way ? (it seems to me this could work...no ? )
No, the device will only read the book files from the account that it is registered to. This of course applies to Sony/Adobe DRMed books only of course.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:14 PM   #20
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
the other obvious way around this problem is to buy books in a format like lit or mobi and remove the drm.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2009, 12:29 PM   #21
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
I suggested in another thread that you can share an Adobe ID (for Secure Adobe ebooks) between ebook store accounts - however I have not tested this. Adobe has a 6 device limit, and a device can only be assigned to one Adobe ID, but the difference to the Sony store is that the Adobe ID isn't your account ID.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:05 PM   #22
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Or you could just exchange readers for a few days, while you each read the other person's books.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote