Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-03-2023, 05:56 PM   #16
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by learning2me View Post
Thank you. You are right. My IP address is blocked. But having read everything, I'm still unsure what to do about it. Will contact my ISP tomorrow.
Your ISP will have to contact Spamhaus to request the delisting. If you want, you can check out the procedure at SBL Delisting Procedure. The good thing is that once they are contacted, the procedure is relatively fast.

The suggestion from @ownedbycats may be of help to you. Rather often, the IP address is used by a spammer until it gets blocked then they simply move on to a new address leaving the next person who gets assigned that address to deal with the fallout.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 09:47 PM   #17
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Follow the instructions at https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...-using-calibre in particular setup a free GMX account and use it to send your emails in calibre
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2023, 05:03 AM   #18
learning2me
learning2me began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
So I switched to Outlook before seeing these messages.
Tried sending a book, which took ages, then I got this error message . .

Starting job: Email The Last Bookshop in London to magsps_WoEg0Q@kindle.com
connect: to ('smtp-mail.outlook.com', 587) None
reply: b'220 LO4P123CA0349.outlook.office365.com Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service ready at Mon, 4 Sep 2023 08:43:43 +0000\r\n'
reply: retcode (220); Msg: b'LO4P123CA0349.outlook.office365.com Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service ready at Mon, 4 Sep 2023 08:43:43 +0000'
connect: b'LO4P123CA0349.outlook.office365.com Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service ready at Mon, 4 Sep 2023 08:43:43 +0000'
send: 'ehlo [192.168.0.117]\r\n'
reply: b'250-LO4P123CA0349.outlook.office365.com Hello [92.40.33.128]\r\n'
reply: b'250-SIZE 157286400\r\n'
reply: b'250-PIPELINING\r\n'
reply: b'250-DSN\r\n'
reply: b'250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES\r\n'
reply: b'250-STARTTLS\r\n'
reply: b'250-8BITMIME\r\n'
reply: b'250 SMTPUTF8\r\n'
reply: retcode (250); Msg: b'LO4P123CA0349.outlook.office365.com Hello [92.40.33.128]\nSIZE 157286400\nPIPELINING\nDSN\nENHANCEDSTATUSCODES\nS TARTTLS\n8BITMIME\nSMTPUTF8'
send: 'STARTTLS\r\n'
reply: b'220 2.0.0 SMTP server ready\r\n'
reply: retcode (220); Msg: b'2.0.0 SMTP server ready'
send: 'ehlo [192.168.0.117]\r\n'
reply: b'451 4.7.0 Timeout waiting for client input [LO4P123CA0349.GBRP123.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM 2023-09-04T08:48:46.273Z 08DBAC98AF58F227]\r\n'
reply: retcode (451); Msg: b'4.7.0 Timeout waiting for client input [LO4P123CA0349.GBRP123.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM 2023-09-04T08:48:46.273Z 08DBAC98AF58F227]'

Sending failed...

Any further advice please?
learning2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 06:30 AM   #19
learning2me

I have tried several times to post a reply on here, but my replies aren't showing.
I think I have managed to sort this, by swapping to an Outlook email address and changing my password.
I can now send books from Calibre, but have to verify with Amazon every time.

Another numpty question please . . Amazon only supports Epub, so I'm using Calibre to convert from Mobi. Sometimes I get an email from Amazon, after verifying, saying they don't support Mobi.
How do I know which format I'm sending from Calibre?
Old 09-04-2023, 09:38 AM   #20
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The send template in preferences, Sharing by email.
The formats column is what is allowed for that line item (and other options )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2023, 11:56 AM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You could try creating a hotspot on your cell phone and see if that works.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 12:10 PM   #22
learning2me

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The send template in preferences, Sharing by email.
The formats column is what is allowed for that line item (and other options )
Sorry, I obviously wasn't clear. I know the second column is the formats a device will accept. But how can I choose what format I send in?
Old 09-04-2023, 12:12 PM   #23
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Sorry, I obviously wasn't clear. I know the second column is the formats a device will accept. But how can I choose what format I send in?
It will pick the first format from that list that is available so put only a single format there if you want to send in a single format.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 02:39 PM   #24
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
This my setting for sending by email to kindle, the only time it does not work the epub is faulty according to amazon. They will not tell you that you epub did not convert.

bernie
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2023-09-04 14-28-02.png
Views:	61
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	203564
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 02:56 PM   #25
learning2me

Thanks everyone. I think that's sorted.
I now need to find out why my sister's Kindle app on her iPad won't accept EPUB books. Says it's not compatible.
Old 09-04-2023, 04:19 PM   #26
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Thanks everyone. I think that's sorted.
I now need to find out why my sister's Kindle app on her iPad won't accept EPUB books. Says it's not compatible.
Amazon KDP and "Send to Kindle"(email or web) both accept epub. A Kindle App or a Kindle can't accept epub. Except for the K1, K2, DX and DXG (they use mobi), you need to convert the epub to azw3 in Calibre for USB transfer (or use Send to Kindle). Though for an iPad (or Android) you'd be FAR FAR better using a native epub app, like Bluefire, Pocketbook, Lithium etc.

The Kindle Apps should really only be used with ebooks direct from Amazon.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote