Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-05-2022, 01:44 PM   #16
ittiandro
Connoisseur
ittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notes

Device: JuliusvonJD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
You can't download from read.amazon.com. Go to amazon.com/myk or a more direct link is

https://www.amazon.com/hz/mycd/digit...ksAll/dateDsc/

Download option is under More actions.
THanks.
I went to this link. It refers me to Amazon Canada because I am in Canada.
When I click the MOre ACTIONS command for the book I want, I get a message "You do not have any compatible devices registered for this content. Buy a Kindle or get the free Kindle reading app."
I don't understand, because I do have a registered Kindle app 1.17.
Will this allow me to re-download the book into the My Kindle contents directory, with a Serial number B00..... so that I can input it again in Calibre to remove the DRM and convert it to PDF?

Ittiandro
ittiandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 01:54 PM   #17
hleo12
Guru
hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (deceased), Kindle 4th, Kindle Basic 10th Generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ittiandro View Post
THanks.
When I click the MOre ACTIONS command for the book I want, I get a message "You do not have any compatible devices registered for this content. Buy a Kindle or get the free Kindle reading app."
Will this allow me to re-download the book into the My Kindle contents directory, with a Serial number B00..... so that I can input it again in Calibre to remove the DRM and convert it to PDF?

Ittiandro
Do you see your app registered here?

https://www.amazon.com/hz/mycd/digit...ole/alldevices

It should be under "Amazon apps installed on devices (14)"

If you see your app registered there, try setting it as your default device.
hleo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2022, 02:29 PM   #18
CathyA
Zealot
CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ittiandro View Post
THanks.

Ittiandro
Are you able to remove and download the books from within the app?

To re-download a book into the current version of the Kindle App on Windows, you do this:
- open the app
- go to the Library
- right click on the book
- select "remove from device"
- right click on the book again
- select "download"

Alternatively, you can just delete the contents of your Kindle books folder, which is specified in Tools / Options / Content and then download again.

The serial number "B00..." is irrelevant. That's just the ASIN that Amazon has assigned to the book. It has nothing to do with whether or not the DRM can be removed.
CathyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 06:44 PM   #19
ittiandro
Connoisseur
ittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notes

Device: JuliusvonJD
Quote:
Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
Are you able to remove and download the books from within the app?

To re-download a book into the current version of the Kindle App on Windows, you do this:
- open the app
- go to the Library
- right click on the book
- select "remove from device"
- right click on the book again
- select "download"

Alternatively, you can just delete the contents of your Kindle books folder, which is specified in Tools / Options / Content and then download again.

The serial number "B00..." is irrelevant. That's just the ASIN that Amazon has assigned to the book. It has nothing to do with whether or not the DRM can be removed.

Thanks. You couldn't be more clear!!

On the book I tried, I was able to re-download following your instructions. Calibre removed automatically the DRM, as expected, but the conversion to PDF failed. It happeneda few times. I can't understand why.
Anyway for the momemnt I am off the hook, because I found in ther USB drive a backup of the same book files already converted to PDF a few years ago, I had forgotten about.

Thanks

Ittiandro
ittiandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 09:45 PM   #20
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hleo12 View Post
I have the auto update turned off, but my Kindle for PC updated on its own just now.
When that happens, just reinstall the older version. Don't uninstall the newer version. When you reinstall the older one, it will overwrite it.

If you uninstall, you'll have to log in again and while you do that K4PC will silently update again in the background.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert