Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 04-16-2022, 06:33 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveLessnau View Post
To boldify (embolden?), italicize or underline words (not necessarily paragraphs), would I use these:

Code:
.bold {
  font-weight: bold;
}
.italic {
  font-style: italic;
}
.underline {
  text-decoration: underline;
}
This is all you need.
Code:
.underline {
}
Use <b>some bold text</b> and <i>some italicized text</i>. Keep the code as simple as possible and spans for bold and italics is not as simple as it can be.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 06:52 PM   #17
enuddleyarbl
Guru
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
A few questions on those changes you made to retiredbiker's CSS: I'm pretty sure you removed the margin settings in those "sub" styles because they are "inherited" from the body style. For "display: block;", I believe that's a default for paragraphs, so that's why you pulled it out. Is that also true for "font-size: 1em;"?
enuddleyarbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2022, 07:09 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveLessnau View Post
A few questions on those changes you made to retiredbiker's CSS: I'm pretty sure you removed the margin settings in those "sub" styles because they are "inherited" from the body style. For "display: block;", I believe that's a default for paragraphs, so that's why you pulled it out. Is that also true for "font-size: 1em;"?
Yes yes and yes.
Old 04-16-2022, 08:48 PM   #19
retiredbiker
Addict
retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Oasis, Pop_Os!, Jutoh, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Do you realize you lose hyphenation on Kobo if you have the text left justified?

Anyway, I've simplified your CSS slightly and added windows and orphans of 1. I also changed .indent to p so you can use just <p> for most paragraphs and not have to use a class. Otherwise the functionality is the same. I've deleted the lines you don't need and moved the text-align: left to body so you only need it once.
Bad old eyes + small screen + big print = left justify and no hyphens, it's a medical fact for me.

The changes actually make sense, I'll give it a try, thanks!
retiredbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 05:55 AM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredbiker View Post
Bad old eyes + small screen + big print = left justify and no hyphens, it's a medical fact for me.

The changes actually make sense, I'll give it a try, thanks!
There is one other change I've made to the CSS after looking it over again. I've added a class called nospace so your space for your paragraphs won't cause a blank page. So the last paragraph of the chapter will be <p class="nospace">.
Code:
body {
  tyext-align: left;
  margin-top: 0.1em;
  margin-right: 0;
  margin-bottom: .1em;
  margin-left: 0;
  widows: 1;
  orphans: 1;
}
p {
  margin-top: 0em;
  text-indent: 2em;
}
.noindent {
  margin-top: 2em;
  text-indent: 0;
}
.chapter {
  font-size: 1.2em;
  margin-top: 1em;
  margin-bottom: 1em;
  text-align: center;
}
.quotations {
  margin-top: 0;
  margin-bottom: 0.5em;
  margin-left: 2em;
}
.center {
  margin-top: 0.5em;
}
.nospace {
  margin-bottom: 0;
}
.right {
  text-align: right;
  margin-top: 0.5em;
}
.verse {
  margin-bottom: 0.1em;
  margin-left: 3em;
  text-indent: -2em;
}
.verse1 {
  display: block;
  font-size: 1em;
  margin-top: 1em;
  margin-bottom: 0.1em;
  margin-left: 3em;
}
.widepic {
  height: auto; 
  width: 98%;
}
.narrowpic {
  height: auto;
  width: 50%;
}
Advert
Old 04-17-2022, 08:47 AM   #21
retiredbiker
Addict
retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
...so your space for your paragraphs won't cause a blank page. So the last paragraph of the chapter will be <p class="nospace">.
Interesting. Doing what I've been doing, I haven't noticed blank pages. Maybe rarely, when a chapter end happens to push a page limit.
Old 04-18-2022, 05:24 AM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Interesting. Doing what I've been doing, I haven't noticed blank pages. Maybe rarely, when a chapter end happens to push a page limit.
It can be a rare occurrence to see the blank page. But now you can make it an occurrence that never happens. Just use the class if p last in the chapter/section.
Old 06-10-2022, 07:12 PM   #23
JesseTheK
JesseTheK began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini 4 + KyBook3, Macbook Pro & Calibre
Talking

Quote:
I'm in the same bracket/cohort! I want to set left-justification as the default.

I used "left align" for text justification in Calibre's

Preferences > Common Options > Look & Feel > Text

but many Kobo epubs as well as Bookshare daisy books are still justified.

Do I want to be plugging the CSS you've provided here into the "Styling" section in that same Look & Feel dialog?
JesseTheK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 08:57 PM   #24
retiredbiker
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseTheK View Post
I'm in the same bracket/cohort! I want to set left-justification as the default.

I used "left align" for text justification in Calibre's

Preferences > Common Options > Look & Feel > Text

Do I want to be plugging the CSS you've provided here into the "Styling" section in that same Look & Feel dialog?
I do all this in the editor, not at conversion. Some css changes at conversion work, but I find it a blunt instrument compared to using search and replace in the editor to find all the paragraphs I want to style a certain way, and making it happen.
Old 06-10-2022, 09:24 PM   #25
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
There is no ONE CSS to rule them all.

Most books make use of 'class= ' in the HTML tags, That is usually the last one that applies . remember one of the C's is Cascade.
That can mean they can stack on a prior styling.

p {sets the overall style}
.indent {text-indent: 1.5em;} adds an indent to the basic P

Put your cursor on the style= part of the tag: ctrl+Right-mouse click to jump to that selection in the CSS
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 12:21 AM   #26
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseTheK View Post

You want to find the following in your CSS file, and where it is located does matter.
PHP Code:
text-alignjustify
and simply change it to
PHP Code:
text-alignleft
It might be in the body tag, or in one of the classes that controls paragraphs.
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 05:14 AM   #27
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Delete all cases of text-align: justify; and add to the body style text-align: left;. Problem solved.

You can try changing the alignment in the Aa menu for any Kobo synced eBooks. But, last time I tried it (unless it' been fixed since), centered text became left justified. This is with KePub. I've not tried this with ePub.
Old 06-20-2022, 08:32 PM   #28
JesseTheK
JesseTheK began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini 4 + KyBook3, Macbook Pro & Calibre
Thanks so much for all your helpful suggestions.

Will be back with (I hope) a successful report next month.
JesseTheK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 08:48 AM   #29
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
A chapter end should not push the the page limit. There should be no margin code to push beyond the last line of a chapter. If you do use some space between paragraphs, on the last paragram, use something like...

Code:
.nospace {
}
Code:
<p class="nospace">This is the last paragraph of the chapter."</p>
Old 08-29-2023, 08:11 AM   #30
Vakke
Enthusiast
Vakke doesn't litterVakke doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by enuddleyarbl View Post
I'm just starting to learn how to work with the editor and fix up the CSS in some of my purchased books. I'd appreciate it if people would post what they think are good, all-around useful styles that they use for their books. Mine are in stylesheet.css, but I've seen individual styles and Page styles floating around in the Styles section of the Editor.

EDIT: Since I started this thread all those months ago, I've found quite a bit of interesting information about this kind of thing (most of it over on MobileRead's epub forum). So, for completeness, I'll include my current set of classes that I use to replace everything in my purchased books' CSS. I guess my list is no longer "basic," but it's what I use and most of it will disappear after running the Calibre editor's Tools > Remove Unused CSS Rules option:
Code:
@page {
  margin-left: 0;
  margin-right: 0;
}
body {
/* Basic Styling for BODY Section of a File */
	height:	100%;
	margin:	0;
	orphans:	1;
	padding:	0;
	widows:	1;
}
* + *	{
/* Lobotomized Owl Selector - what to do any time two objects follow each other - limit to margin-top */
  margin-top:	0.6em;
}
p {
/* Basic paragraph styling */
	text-indent: 1.2em;
}
h1, h2, h3, h4 {
/* Basic Chapter Heading Styling */
  page-break-before: always;
  page-break-after: avoid;
}
h1 + p, h2 + p, h3 + p, h4 + p, hr + p, ol + p, ul + p, .chapquote + p, .headline + p, .letter + p, .note + p, .poem + p, .placard + p, .song + p	{
/* Non-indented Paragraphs Styling (for paragraphs that follow something and shouldn't be indented) */
}
h1 + p::first-letter, h2 + p::first-letter, h3 + p::first-letter, h4 + p::first-letter, hr + p::first-letter, .chapquote + p::first-letter	{
/* First-Letter Styling (for the first letter following certain things (IOW, dropcaps)) */
}
h2 + p::first-line, h3 + p::first-line, h4 + p::first-line, hr + p::first-line, .chapquote + p::first-line	{
/* Make first line of first paragraphs smallcap */
	font-size:	1.05em;
	font-variant:	small-caps;
}
hr {
/* Thematic break to use 3 asterisks between parts of story */
  margin-top: 0.9em;
  margin-bottom: 0.9em;
  border: none;
}
hr::before {
  content: "***";
}
blockquote	{
/* Blockquote Styling */
	font-size:	small;
	margin-left: 1.7em;
	margin-right: 1.7em;
}
i > i	{
/*	Italics Child Selector Styling (Make Nested Italics Normal Font)	*/
	font-style:	normal;
}
li	{
	margin-top:	0em;
}

/*
 * This whole section is styling for specific page types of a book
*/
section.aboutauthorpage {
/* About the Author Page Styling */
	margin-left:	5%;
	margin-right: 5%;
}
section.acknowledgmentspage	{
/* Acknowledgments Page Styling */
	text-align:	center;
}
section.acknowledgmentspage	p	{
/* Acknowledgments Page Paragraph Styling */
	display:	block;
	text-indent:	0;
}
section.alsobypage	{
/* Also By Page Styling */
}
section.alsobypage	p	{
/* Also By Page Paragraph Styling */
}
section.bibliographypage {
/* Bibliography Page Styling */
	margin-left:	2em;
	margin-right: 2em;
	text-align: left;
}
section.bibliographypage p {
/* Bibliography Page Paragraph Styling */
}
section.copyrightpage	{
/* Copyright Page Styling */
}
section.copyrightpage	p	{
/* Copyright Page Paragraph Styling */
}
section.dedicationpage	{
/* Dedication Page Styling */
	font-style:	italic;
}
section.dedicationpage	p	{
/* Dedication Page Paragraph Styling */
}
section.dramatispage {
/* Dramtis Personae Page Styling */
	margin-right:	5%;
	padding: 1.5em;
	text-align: justify;
}
section.dramatispage	p	{
/* Dramatis Personae Paragraph Style */
	text-indent: -1.5em;
}
section.dramatispage .person {
/* Dramatis Personae Person Line Style */
}

section.drmpage	{
/* DRM Statement Page Styling */
}
section.drmpage p	{
/* DRM Statement Page Paragraph Styling */
}
section.epigraphpage	{
/* Epigraph Page Styling */
	margin-left:	15%;
	margin-right: 15%;
}
section.epigraphpage	p	{
/* Epigraph Page Paragraph Styling */
}
section.epigraphpage	p.signature {
/* Epigraph Page Signature styling (basically right-justify) */
	text-align:	right;
}

section.glossarypage {
/* Glossary Page Styling */
}
section.glossarypage	p	{
/* Glossary Page Paragraph Entry Styling */
}
section.glossarypage .term {
/* Glossary Term to be Defined Style */
}

section.mappage	{
/* Map Page Styling */
}
section.mappage p {
/* Map Page Paragraph Styling */
}

section.playact {
  /*	Play Act Section Styling	*/
}
section.playact div.playline {
  display: flex;
}
section.playact p {
  /* Play Act Paragraph Styling */
}
section.playact dd.dialog {
  /*	Play Act Dialog Styling for Description List <dl>	*/
  padding-left: 2px;
  vertical-align: top;
}
section.playact p.dialog {
  /*	Play Act Dialog Styling for Paragraph <p>	*/
  display: inline-block;
  margin-bottom:	0;
  margin-top:	0;
  vertical-align:	top;
  width: 65%;
}
section.playact td.dialog {
  /*	Play Act Dialog Styling for Table <td>	*/
  border: 0;
  display: table-cell;
  padding-bottom: 2px;
  padding-right: 2px;
  padding-top: 2px;
}
section.playact dt.person {
  /*	Play Act Person Styling for Description List <dl>	*/
  font-variant: small-caps;
}
section.playact p.person {
  /*	Play Act Person Styling for Paragraph <p>	*/
  width: 30%;
}
section.playact td.person {
  /*	Play Act Person Styling for Table <td>	*/
}
section.playact span.person {
  /*	Play Act Person Styling for Span <span>	*/
  padding-right: 0%;
}
section.playact .person::after {
  /*	Append Colon After Play Act Person for Anything	*/
  content: ":";
}
section.playact span.person::after {
  /*	Don't Put Anything After Play Act Person for Span <span>	*/
  content: "";
}
section.playact dd.stage_direction {
  /*	Play Act Stage Direction Styling for Description List <dd>	*/
	font-family: sans-serif;
}
section.playact p.stage_direction {
  /*	Play Act Stage Direction Styling for Paragraph <p>	*/
  width: 65%;
}
section.playact td.stage_direction {
  /*	Play Act Stage Direction Styling for Table <td>	*/
}
section.playact span.stage_direction {
  /*	Play Act Stage Direction Styling for Spans <span>	*/
  padding-left: 0;
}
section.playact .stage_direction::before {
  /*	Prepend Opening Parenthesis Before Play Act Stage Directions	*/
  content: "(";
}
section.playact .stage_direction::after {
  /*	Append Closing Parenthesis After Play Act Stage Directions	*/
  content: ")";
}

section.playasparagraph {
  /*	Play Act Section as Paragraphs Styling	*/
}
section.playasparagraph p {
  /* Play Act as Paragraphs Paragraph Styling */
}
section.playasparagraph span.person {
  /*	Play Act as Paragraphs Person Styling for Span <span>	*/
}
section.playasparagraph span.stage_direction {
  /*	Play Act as Paragraphs Stage Direction Styling for Spans <span>	*/
}
section.playasparagraph .stage_direction::before {
  /*	Prepend Opening Parenthesis Before Play Act as Paragraphs Stage Directions	*/
}
section.playasparagraph .stage_direction::after {
  /*	Append Closing Parenthesis After Play Act Paragraphs Stage Directions	*/
}

section.titlepage {
/* Title Page Styling */
}
section.titlepage	p	{
/* Title Page Paragraph Styling */
}
/*
 * This is a section for types of chunks on a page
*/
div.box {
/* Box That Encloses Text on All Sides */
	border-bottom-color:	#000;
	border-bottom-style:	solid;
	border-bottom-width:	0.1em;
	border-left-color:	#000;
	border-left-style:	solid;
	border-left-width:	0.1em;
	border-right-color:	#000;
	border-right-style:	solid;
	border-right-width:	0.1em;
	border-top-color:	#000;
	border-top-style:	solid;
	border-top-width:	0.1em;
	padding-bottom:	1.5em;
	padding-left:	1.5em;
	padding-right:	1.5em;
	padding-top:	1.5em;
	text-align:	justify;
}
div.box	p	{
/* Box Text Styling */
	font-size: 0.88rem;
}

div.chapquote {
/* Chapter Quote (quote at top of chapters) Styling */
  margin-left:	1em;
  margin-right:	1em;
  padding: 1em;
}
div.chapquote	p	{
/* Chapter Quote Paragraph Styling */
}
div.chapquote	p.blockindent	{
	margin-left:	1.2em;
}
div.chapquote	p.blockindent2	{
	margin-left:	2.4em;
}
div.chapquote	p.signature {
/* Chapquote Signature styling (basically right-justify) */
}

div.diary	{
/* Diary Styling */
	font-size:	.88em;
	margin-right:	2em;
	text-align:	left;
}
div.diary p	{
/* Diary Entry Paragraph Style */
}
div.diary p.heading {
/* Diary Entry Heading */
}
div.diary p.date {
/* Diary Entry Date */
}
div.diary p.indented {
/* Diary Entry Entirely Indented Paragraph */
}

div.email	{
/* Email Styling */
}
div.email	p	{
/* Email Paragraph Styling */
	text-indent:	0em;
}
div.email	p.heading {
/* Email Heading (Usually Address in Formal Letter) */
}
div.email p.indented {
/* Email Entirely Indented Paragraph */
}
div.email	p.salutation {
/* Email Salutation Line */
}
div.email	p.signature {
/* Email Signature styling (basically right-justify) */
}

div.letter	{
/* Letter Styling */
}
div.letter	p	{
/* Letter Paragraph Styling */
	text-indent:	1.2em;
}
div.letter	p.heading {
/* Letter Heading (Usually Address in Formal Letter) */
}
div.letter	p.salutation {
/* Letter Salutation Line */
}
div.letter	p.signature {
/* Letter Signature styling (basically right-justify) */
}

div.news {
/* News Article Styling */
  margin-left:	1em;
  margin-right:	1em;
  padding: 1em;
}
div.news	p	{
/* News Article Paragraph Styling */
}
div.news	p.blockindent	{
}
div.news	p.blockindent2	{
	margin-left:	2.4em;
}
div.news	p.headline {
/* News Article Styling for a headline */
	padding-bottom: 0.6em;
	padding-top: 0.6em;
	text-indent: 0em;
}
div.news	p.signature {
/* News Article Signature styling (basically right-justify) */
}

div.note	{
/* Note Styling */
}
div.note p	{
/* Note Paragraph Style */
}
div.note p.center {
/* Note Heading */
}
div.note p.heading {
/* Note Heading */
}
div.note p.indented {
/* Note Entirely Indented Paragraph */
}

div.play {
  /*	Play Act Div as Paragraphs Styling	*/
}
div.play p {
  /* Play Act as Paragraphs Paragraph Styling */
}
div.play span.person {
}
div.play p.stagedirection {
  /*	Play Act as Paragraphs Stage Direction Styling for Paragraphs <p>	*/
}
div.play span.stagedirection {
  /*	Play Act as Paragraphs Stage Direction Styling for Spans <span>	*/
}
div.play .stagedirection::before {
  /*	Prepend Opening Parenthesis Before Play Act as Paragraphs Stage Directions	*/
}
div.play .stagedirection::after {
  /*	Append Closing Parenthesis After Play Act Paragraphs Stage Directions	*/
}

div.poem {
/* Poem Styling */
}
div.poem p {
/* Poem Paragraph Styling */
	text-indent:	-1.5em;
}
div.poem p.first {
/* Poem First Line */
	padding-top:	1em;
}
div.poem p.indented {
/* Poem Entirely Indented Stanza */
}
div.poem p.last {
/* Poem Last Line */
	padding-bottom:	1em;
}

div.song {
/* Song Styling */
	font-weight:	bold;
}
div.song p {
/* Song Paragraph Styling */
}
div.song p.first {
/* Song First Line */
}
div.song p.indented {
/* Song Entirely Indented Stanza */
}
div.song p.indented2 {
/* Song Entirely Indented Stanza */
	margin-left:	4em;
}
div.song p.last {
/* Song Last Line */
}

div.transcript	{
/* Conversation Transcript Styling */
}
div.transcript	p	{
/* Conversation Transcript Paragraph Styling */
}
div.transcript	p.heading {
/* Conversation Transcript Heading (Usually Address in Formal Letter) */
}
div.transcript p.indented {
/* Conversation Transcript Entirely Indented Paragraph */
}
div.transcript span.person {
}
div.transcript	p.salutation {
/* Conversation Transcript Salutation Line */
}
div.transcript	p.signature {
/* Conversation Transcript Signature styling (basically right-justify) */
}

/*
 * A styling section for things that apply everywhere
*/
.bold {
/* Bold Styling */
}

.caption {
/* Caption Styling for an Image */
	font-size: 0.8em;
	padding-top: 0em;
}

.center {
/* Centered Text Styling */
}

.dotleaderline	{
/* Turns a block into a flexbox so it can be "responsive" */
	align-items:	flex-end;
	display:	flex;
	flex-direction:	row;
	flex-wrap:	nowrap;
	justify-content:	center;
}
.dotleaderline span {
/* Put some space between the spanned objects in the dotleaderline */
  padding-top:	0em;
  padding-right:	1.25em;
  padding-bottom:	0em;
  padding-left:	1.25em;
}
.dotfiller	{
/* Stuck between two objects in a flexbox, will fill the gap with dots */
	flex-grow:	1;
	border-bottom:	0.1em dotted;
	min-width:	1.2em;
}

.firstletter::first-letter	{
/* First Letter of paragraph Styling (i.e., dropcap) */
}

.footnote {
/* Footnote Styling */
  font-size: 0.7em;
  padding-top: 0.1em;
  padding-bottom: 0.1em;
  margin-left: 4em;
  margin-right: 4em;
  border-top: 1px solid black;
  border-bottom: 1px solid black;
  page-break-inside: avoid;
} 

.hanging	{
/* Hanging indent styling */
}

.headline {
/* Styling for a headline */
	font-size: 0.88em;
}

.img90width {
  /* Image class to to take up 90% of the screen width */
  width: 90%;
  max-height: 100%;
  max-width: 100%;
}
.imgchaptitlewidth	{
/* Image class to set an image's percentage of screen width */
	width:	25%;
	max-height:	100%;
	max-width:	100%;
}
.imgfull {
/* Image class to take up 90% of the screen height */
	height:	90%;
}
.imgsetwidth	{
/* Image class to set an image's percentage of screen width */
	width:	25%;
}

.indent {
/* Indented paragraph styling */
	text-indent: 1.2em;
}

.italic {
/* Italic Styling */
}

.listitem {
/* Class that acts as li element */
	display: list-item;
	list-style-type: none;
	margin-right: 1.2em;
	padding-left: 1.5em;
}

.loud {
/* Loud, Shouting Style */
	font-size:	1.5em;
	padding-bottom:	0.83em;
	padding-top:	0.83em;
}

.noindent {
/* Non-indented paragraph styling */
}

.normal {
/* Class to strip off styling - put in a span */
  font-style: normal;
  font-variant:	normal;
  font-weight: normal;
  text-decoration: none;
}

.ol_arabic {
/* Ordered List Class for Arabic Numbers (Safer to use UL) */
	list-style-type: decimal;
}
.ol_lowalpha {
/* Ordered List Class for Uppercase Alphabetic "Numbers" (Safer to use UL) */
	list-style-type: lower-alpha;
}
.ol_upalpha {
/* Ordered List Class for Uppercase Alphabetic "Numbers" (Safer to use UL) */
	list-style-type: upper-alpha;
}
.ol_uproman {
/* Ordered List Class for Uppercase Roman "Numerals" (Safer to us UL) */
	list-style-type: upper-roman;
}

.placard {
/* Styling for a placard */
}

.right {
/* Right-Justify styling */
}

.signature {
/* Signature styling */
}

.small {
/* Small font style */
	font-size: 0.75em;
}
.smaller {
/* Smaller font style */
	font-size: 0.6em;
}

.smallcaps {
/* Smallcaps styling (text should be typed normally and will be smallcapped) */
}

.strike {
	/*	Strike-through styling	*/
  text-decoration: line-through;
}

.subtitle {
/* Centered Text Styling */
}

.tablestructure	{
/* Defines Structure for Whole Table, i.e. <table> */
	border:	0px black solid;
	border-collapse:	separate;
	border-spacing:	5px;
	display:	table;
	width:	100%;
}
.tabledatacell	{
/* Defines Structure for Table Data Cells, i.e. <td> */
	border:	0;
	display:	table-cell;
	padding-bottom:	2px;
	padding-left:	2px;
	padding-right:	2px;
	padding-top:	2px;
	text-align:	inherit;
	vertical-align:	top
}
.tableheaderrow	{
/* Defines Structure for Table Header, i.e. <th> */
}
.tablerow	{
/* Defines Structure for Table Row, i.e. <tr> */
	display:	table-row;
	vertical-align:	middle;
}
.tabletext {
  /* Hanging indent styling */
}

.telegram {
	/* Style to Approximate the Look of a Telegram Without a Monospace Font */
	letter-spacing:	0.08em;
    }

.textbox {
/* Make a box around text (above and below it) */
	line-height: 1.3em;
	margin-bottom: 2em;
	margin-top: 2em;
	border-top: black solid 2px;
	border-bottom: black solid 2px;
}

p.textmessage {
  /* Status Styling for Single Line for Computer Screen Responses */
}
span.textmessage {
}

.ul_circle {
/* Unordered List Open Circle Bullet */
	list-style-type: circle;
}
.ul_disc	{
/* Unordered List Filled Circle Bullet */
	list-style-type: disc;
}
.ul_none	{
/* Unordered List No Bullet */
	list-style-type: none;
	padding-left: 1.5em;
}
.ul_square	{
/* Unordered List Filled Square Bullet */
	list-style-type: square;
}

.underline {
/* Underline Styling */
}
/*
 * Stuff Unique to Particular Books
 * Running "Remove Unused CSS Rules" Will Remove Unnecessary Stuff
*/

.worry {
  font-size: 0.88rem;
}

div.galsix {
/* galsix Styling for Brin's Uplift Books */
}
div.galsix p {
/* galsix Paragraph Styling for Brin's Uplift Books */
}
div.galsix p.first {
/* galsix First Line for Brin's Uplift Books */
}
div.galsix p.indented {
/* galsix Entirely Indented Stanza for Brin's Uplift Books */
}
div.galsix p.last {
/* galsix Last Line for Brin's Uplift Books */
}

div.galthree {
/* galthree Styling for Brin's Uplift Books */
}
div.galthree p {
/* galthree Paragraph Styling for Brin's Uplift Books */
}
div.galthree p.first {
/* galthree First Line for Brin's Uplift Books */
}
div.galthree p.indented {
/* galthree Entirely Indented Stanza for Brin's Uplift Books */
}
div.galthree p.last {
/* galthree Last Line for Brin's Uplift Books */
}

div.galtwo {
/* galtwo Styling for Brin's Uplift Books */
}
div.galtwo p {
/* galtwo Paragraph Styling for Brin's Uplift Books */
}
div.galtwo p.first {
/* galtwo First Line for Brin's Uplift Books */
}
div.galtwo p.indented {
/* galtwo Entirely Indented Stanza for Brin's Uplift Books */
}
div.galtwo p.last {
/* galtwo Last Line for Brin's Uplift Books */
}

div.kiqui {
/* kiqui Styling for Brin's Uplift Books */
}
div.kiqui p {
/* kiqui Paragraph Styling for Brin's Uplift Books */
}
div.kiqui p::before {
  /* kiqui line starting character for Brin's Uplift Books */
  content:	"\:\?\: ";
}
div.kiqui p.first {
/* kiqui First Line for Brin's Uplift Books */
}
div.kiqui p.indented {
/* kiqui Entirely Indented Stanza for Brin's Uplift Books */
}
div.kiqui p.last {
/* kiqui Last Line for Brin's Uplift Books */
}

div.mulc {
/* mulc Styling for Brin's Uplift Books */
}
div.mulc p {
/* mulc Paragraph Styling for Brin's Uplift Books */
}
div.mulc p.first {
/* mulc First Line for Brin's Uplift Books */
}
div.mulc p.indented {
/* mulc Entirely Indented Stanza for Brin's Uplift Books */
}
div.mulc p.last {
/* mulc Last Line for Brin's Uplift Books */
}

div.primal {
/* primal Styling for Brin's Uplift Books */
}
div.primal p {
/* primal Paragraph Styling for Brin's Uplift Books */
}
div.primal p::before {
  /* primal line starting character for Brin's Uplift Books */
  content:	"# ";
}
div.primal p.first {
/* primal First Line for Brin's Uplift Books */
}
div.primal p.indented {
/* primal Entirely Indented Stanza for Brin's Uplift Books */
}
div.primal p.last {
/* primal Last Line for Brin's Uplift Books */
}
div.primal p.last::after {
  /* primal last line ending character for Brin's Uplift Books */
  content:	" #";
}

div.trinary {
/* trinary Styling for Brin's Uplift Books */
}
div.trinary p {
/* trinary Paragraph Styling for Brin's Uplift Books */
}
div.trinary p::before {
  /* trinary Line starting character for Brin's Uplift Books */
  content:	"* ";
}
div.trinary p.first {
/* trinary First Line for Brin's Uplift Books */
}
div.trinary p.indented {
/* trinary Entirely Indented Stanza for Brin's Uplift Books */
}
div.trinary p.last {
/* trinary Last Line for Brin's Uplift Books */
}
div.trinary p.last::after {
  /* trinary last line ending character  for Brin's Uplift Books */
  content:	" *";
}

div.traeki {
/* traeki Styling for Brin's Uplift Books */
}
div.traeki p {
/* traeki Paragraph Styling for Brin's Uplift Books */
}
div.traeki p.first {
/* traeki First Line for Brin's Uplift Books */
}
div.traeki p.indented {
/* traeki Entirely Indented Stanza for Brin's Uplift Books */
}
div.traeki p.last {
/* traeki Last Line for Brin's Uplift Books */
}

.jophur {
/* jophur styling for Brin's Uplift Books */
}

.oldones {
/* oldones styling for Brin's Uplift Books */
	font-size: small;
	padding-left:	2.4em;
	padding-right:	2.4em;
	text-transform: uppercase;
}

div.status {
  /* Status Styling for Computer Screen Responses */
}
div.status p {
  /* Status Paragraph Style for Computer Screen Responses */
}
div.status p.heading {
  /* Status Heading for Computer Screen Responses */
}
div.status p.indented {
  /* Status Entirely Indented Paragraph for Computer Screen Responses */
}
p.status	{
  font-size:	0.88em;
}
span.status	{
  font-size:	0.88em;
}

.ai {
  /* Styling for Asher's AIs */
}
.death {
  /*	Styling for Pratchett's Death	*/
}
.dungeon {
  /*	Styling for Pratchett's Dungeon Dimension Creatures	*/
}
.demonreach {
  /*	Styling for Butcher's DemonReach	*/
}
.golem {
  /*	Styling for Pratchett's Golems	*/
	text-transform:	uppercase;
}
.grandfathers {
  /*	Styling for Pratchett's Grandfathers in Nation	*/
}
.mrkindly	{
	/* Style for Mr. Kindly Cat in Kristoff's Nevernight */
	font-size:	0.83em;
	text-indent:	1.2em;
}
.ratking {
  /*	Styling for Pratchett's Ratking	*/
}

Would you be able to help a noob on how can I use your CSS to modify my ePubs?

I've tried to replace stylesheet.css completely but it doesn't seem to work and I've also tried to inject it from conversion styling but I cannot get it to work.

Is there something clear I'm missing?
Vakke is offline   Reply With Quote