Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-24-2020, 08:57 PM   #16
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
However, the remaining device storage is wildly different between the 2 devices. The Forma shows 17.6GB remaining, but the Aura One LE shows 19.3GB remaining.
Some obscure from out in left field ideas that occurred to me.

When you format a drive under Windows it lets you choose the "Allocation unit size". On unix I think it was called the block size. Back when I managed Sun systems the typical block size was 8k. If you had a file that was 1k bytes, it still used a whole block, meaning it used 8k. I don't know if Linux has static block sizes but if it does then if the Forma was formatted with a larger block size there could be more wasted space.

The other idea is that aren't there hidden filesystems/partitions that you can't see when the ereader is connected to your PC? Maybe they're larger on the Forma.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote