Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-30-2019, 11:13 AM   #16
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Actually, we can enable qDebug output to a file in Sigil on Windows but it would take a specific build change.

We can do that if need be.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 11:42 AM   #17
Springbok
Enthusiast
Springbok began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I am sure you guys have debugging tools for yourself to keep the work you are doing with Sigil, but I meant the utilities that"damn users" would understand too.

It is OK, I'll play with it together with Mister L, take it as a challenge. And of course I am open for any suggestions from you I should try.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2019, 11:58 AM   #18
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
No. He meant we can literally create a special build of Sigil for you that will output debug content to a file that you can then get back to us.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 12:08 PM   #19
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

As for not updating when clicking on images, I took a look at that code in detail and that is not a bug. Preview to CodeView has always worked that way even under webkit. The javascript uses the document selection anchor to determine its position (that is how it always works). Clicking on an image will not change cursor/selection position. So the position returned is always unchanged until you click someplace in the text. Clicking on the image caption, clicking immediately before the image, clicking immediately after the image work because the document selection is then changed.

There really is no other position to reference as images are not part of the text to select.
Old 07-30-2019, 12:11 PM   #20
Springbok
Enthusiast

And this is a way I understood. It requires however some work of you guys so until other people do not come with the same problem (so far it is only me and Mister L) it is probably not worth an effort. Let's play with it and see.

Thank you all for the contribution, I am done for today.
Advert
Old 07-30-2019, 12:16 PM   #21
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbok View Post
And this is a way I understood. It requires however some work of you guys so until other people do not come with the same problem (so far it is only me and Mister L) it is probably not worth an effort. Let's play with it and see.

Thank you all for the contribution, I am done for today.
Actually. It's very little trouble at all for us to create a special build with some debugging turned on. The builds are automatic. We make a few tweaks, wait for the build to get done, and send you a download link to it. Bada-boom, bada-bing. Two users or two-hundred ... we'd like to get it sorted.
Old 07-30-2019, 12:29 PM   #22
Springbok
Enthusiast

I like this bada-boom, bada-bing...

If this is not to much hussle for you guys that perhaps this could be a good idea. Prepare then this build for download and I play with it tomorrow while you guys sleep. I would only need few simple instructions for what I should do exactly.
Old 07-30-2019, 01:15 PM   #23
KevinH
Sigil Developer

I have already enabled a bunch of debug. I will push it to master of Sigil now.
Old 07-30-2019, 01:19 PM   #24
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Enabled a bunch of sync related debug output and pushed it to master.
Old 07-30-2019, 01:58 PM   #25
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

I'll PM them a link to the Appveyor download (with instructions to get the logging-to-a-file going).
Old 07-30-2019, 03:03 PM   #26
Mister L
Groupie
Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Sony 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
As for not updating when clicking on images, I took a look at that code in detail and that is not a bug. Preview to CodeView has always worked that way even under webkit. The javascript uses the document selection anchor to determine its position (that is how it always works). Clicking on an image will not change cursor/selection position. So the position returned is always unchanged until you click someplace in the text. Clicking on the image caption, clicking immediately before the image, clicking immediately after the image work because the document selection is then changed.

There really is no other position to reference as images are not part of the text to select.
Ha okay. Very good to know. Frustrating, but good to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Actually. It's very little trouble at all for us to create a special build with some debugging turned on. The builds are automatic. We make a few tweaks, wait for the build to get done, and send you a download link to it. Bada-boom, bada-bing. Two users or two-hundred ... we'd like to get it sorted.
Quote:
I have already enabled a bunch of debug. I will push it to master of Sigil now.
Quote:
Enabled a bunch of sync related debug output and pushed it to master.
Quote:
I'll PM them a link to the Appveyor download (with instructions to get the logging-to-a-file going).
You guys are amazing. Thanks for all your hard work. I'll be very happy to try a debugging version and send you the logs, just let me know what to do.
Mister L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 03:48 PM   #27
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister L View Post
I'll be very happy to try a debugging version and send you the logs, just let me know what to do.
PM sent.
Old 07-30-2019, 04:20 PM   #28
Mister L
Groupie
Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Quote:
PM sent.
PM received. Did you get my reply? I couldn't download the file, got an error message saying "Project not found or access denied". :/

On the bright side I am pretty sure I created the necessary variable:
WINDOWS_SIGIL_DEBUG_LOGFILE=
F:\exes\sigil\__sigil_debug\sigil-logfile.txt
Old 07-30-2019, 04:56 PM   #29
Mister L
Groupie

Ok, I've installed the debug version and stuff is getting written to the logfile.

No bug yet but it's late here so that's all for now.

Ironically I am now between projects as I finished the one I was working on earlier but I will just play around randomly doing stuff that looks like work and see what eventually happens.
Old 07-30-2019, 05:44 PM   #30
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Feel free to delete the logfile if you happen to close Sigil before the disconnect happens. That way, we can try to keep the size down. If nothing happened that session, you may as well start the next session with an empty log file, in other words.