Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 11-16-2008, 09:17 AM   #16
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthijs View Post
Adam: the problem is the way you ./configured CTB.

You need to use the following options:
./configure --host=arm-poky-linux-gnueabi --sysconfdir=/etc --prefix=/usr

In this case, the system cannot find the /etc/ folder because you didn't pass the correct --sysconfdir and it now searches in /usr/etc.

So a simple re-compile with those configure options should solve this issue with the desktop.
Thanks for the information. That's exactly what happened. I'll post a recompiled version on Monday.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:55 AM   #17
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

The first post has been updated to fix the Settings bug.
Advert
Old 11-17-2008, 09:40 AM   #18
attila
attila began at the beginning.

Device: irex dr1000s
Thanks, works like a charm (while I was at it I update to 1.02 as well, scribbling looks much usable now).
attila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 12:31 AM   #19
kreg
kreg began at the beginning.

Device: DR 1000s
Oh you are so da man!

You da man! You da man!

Thank you for making our DR1000s so much cooler!
kreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:48 AM   #20
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

I've updated the attachments in the first post to support PressReader newspapers.
Advert
Old 12-17-2008, 08:48 AM   #21
keng2000
Researcher and Consultant
keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: MACBOOKPRO17" HP2400TX SONYUX27
I'm not sure about the new update.
My FW is 1.03 already with Pressreader.
after update the newCTB, I can't read the old newspaper, it siad that "no support"
After restoring, everthing is OK.
"
keng2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 09:29 AM   #22
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Is there a way to get FBReader to be the default program to open .htm and .html files, please? The built in HTML support sucks in comparison.
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:17 PM   #23
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

Quote:
Originally Posted by keng2000 View Post
I'm not sure about the new update.
My FW is 1.03 already with Pressreader.
after update the newCTB, I can't read the old newspaper, it siad that "no support"
After restoring, everthing is OK.
"
Has anyone else tried the updated contentbrowser, and tried to open a newspaper? I can't reproduce this problem.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:18 PM   #24
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

Quote:
Originally Posted by omro View Post
Is there a way to get FBReader to be the default program to open .htm and .html files, please? The built in HTML support sucks in comparison.
It's possible. But I don't want to manage multiple versions.

You can zip up your html file, so it has a .zip extension. FBReader should be able to open that directly from the content browser.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:13 AM   #25
haliava
haliava began at the beginning.

Device: N950/Kindle 3/PRS T1/DR 1000/Kyobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
Has anyone else tried the updated contentbrowser, and tried to open a newspaper? I can't reproduce this problem.
Works for me just fine - no problems.
haliava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 03:28 PM   #26
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man
allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo, Nook Classic,Color,ST/Glow, iRex DR1000, Sony 505, REB1100&1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
No Problem here. I installed it after already having a number of newspaper on the DR1000
allovertheglobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 07:30 PM   #27
Viacheslav
Connoisseur
Viacheslav doesn't litterViacheslav doesn't litter

Device: iRex DR1000
Better icons for FBReader supported files

Here is a set of icons for FBreader matching the irex theme on DR1000.
Attached Files
File Type: gz ctb.tar.gz (6.3 KB, 297 views)
Viacheslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 04:32 AM   #28
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
I have problems with this, I install 1.03, reboot, then I install FBReader and I try a CHM that doesn't open, dr1000 doesnt do nothing, and with a RTF file i got "file cannot be opened, format is unknown"

Last edited by whopper; 12-27-2008 at 04:35 AM.
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 04:00 PM   #29
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man
allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo, Nook Classic,Color,ST/Glow, iRex DR1000, Sony 505, REB1100&1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by whopper View Post
I have problems with this, I install 1.03, reboot, then I install FBReader and I try a CHM that doesn't open, dr1000 doesnt do nothing, and with a RTF file i got "file cannot be opened, format is unknown"
Did you try to open from within FBReader? (use the "Book +" icon) to make sure the file itself is OK.

The DR1000 does not recognize those formats by default even with FBReader installed, thus the error message. And that's where the update in this thread comes in. Follow the instructions in Adam's first post exactly, esp. running the script after installing it to actually activate the update.
allovertheglobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 01:34 AM   #30
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
it works .

Last edited by whopper; 02-07-2009 at 07:31 AM.
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote