Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-07-2008, 12:39 PM   #16
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
[B]

Y'know,,, it amazes me sometimes, how there are very few issues in this song that are not still serious problems today...

WOO.

I'm DixieGal and I'm not running for anything, and I approve of this message. C'mon people, now, shine on your brother, everybody get together, try to love one another, right now.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 12:52 PM   #17
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Why have we run so hard
Just to be where we've been?

RSE

Well, I've been used, and I've used
And most days I'm confused
But, I don't mind.
I broke a few hearts
And burned a few bridges
In my time.
But, don't get me wrong
This ain't no sad song
In my mind.

You see, you win some, you lose some,
It's all in the name of the game.

I've had some dreams come true
And some plans fall through in my time
Yet from the gutters in the sidestreets
To the President's suite
They talk the same line.
And I've drank some good wine
And had a damned fine time
In my time.

You see, you win some, you lose some,
It's all in the name of the game.

I said, you win some, you lose some,
It's all in the name of the game...

Garfield French
(Garfield - Reason To Be)
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2008, 09:31 PM   #18
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I am soul!
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:35 PM   #19
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
What about the people who don't have rhythm? Do we kick 'em out?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:37 PM   #20
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
If you can get within flailing arms and legs of this particular deckchair-crossed-with-a-giraffe-having-an-epileptic-fit you are welcome to try kick me out. Watch my "Born to Be Alive" cane though - its trajectory is unpredictable.

I am disco, and I am soul!
Advert
Old 11-07-2008, 09:43 PM   #21
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
If you can get within flailing arms and legs of this particular deckchair-crossed-with-a-giraffe-having-an-epileptic-fit you are welcome to try kick me out. Watch my "Born to Be Alive" cane though - its trajectory is unpredictable.

I am disco, and I am soul!
Uhh... you... you can stay 'cuz I'm scared of you.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:18 PM   #22
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Uhh... you... you can stay 'cuz I'm scared of you.
It's because I am soul, isn't it?

Cheers,
Marc (staying until the punchline)
Old 11-08-2008, 08:44 AM   #23
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
technotechnotechnotechno - well - it's got rhythm
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 05:34 PM   #24
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Are you insane? We need them to document our danci-- uh, good works! Yeah, 'cause dancing is just a metaphor for working in unison and cooperation.

So, the people without rhythm will go into production. That is, the behind-the-scenes work, as befits their innate talents.

NOT a motto of the Rhythm Nation: Your friends don't dance, and if they don't dance, then they're no friends of mine!
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:40 AM   #25
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Proclamation of the Rhythm Nation:

We have struck a significant alliance with the Squares.

The Squares have often suffered the opinions of other groups. However, the Squares have proven themselves to be good, pragmatic, forward-looking Americans. They frequently trim their hair. They like bands in business suits, and watch them on TV. They work out 'most everyday, and watch what they eat.

The Rhythm Nation has come to realize that here, there, and everywhere, the Squares are, in fact, hip. Squareness is a state of being whose time has come. They are therefore considered worthy allies in the fight to change America for the better.

Motto of the Squares: I know that it's crazy, I know that it's nowhere, but I can tell what's going on!
Old 11-12-2008, 10:53 AM   #26
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I suffer the shame of being in a "mixed" marriage. It's true. Tim has no sense of rhythm. There, I said it. [sob]

We had to go to this new country/western bar last Friday, because it was opening night and his cousin's band is the house band. At one point, I found myself counting out loud to him as he twitched across the dance floor, just trying to help him locate a beat, any beat, besides the one playing in his feet.

It's getting worse. He used to be able to fake it, you know, slow dance or at least just stand there and shuffle along beside me. Now he isn't even making an effort. He just stands there and twitches, and occasionally throws his hands into the air quite inappropriately.

You know that sexy move where you turn your back and sort of grind up against him? Well, I caught myself doing that just so I wouldn't have to look at him.

I know, true love blah blah blah. Be glad you have a man who wants to dance with you because a lot of girls do not blah blah blah. But c'mon, at least try to count along to the beat with me. At one point, it was so ugly that I thought about maybe quietly clapping in his face to see if he could catch a beat.

I'm glad he has a strong back, so he can at least fetch and carry for us here in the Rhythm Nation.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:56 AM   #27
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Response of the Rhythm Nation:

We can find better work for him than that. No Steppin Fetchits allowed in the Rhythm Nation! Woo!

Last edited by Steven Lyle Jordan; 11-12-2008 at 12:26 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:03 AM   #28
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Response of the Rhythm Nation:

We can find better work for him than that. No Steppin Fetchits allowed in the Rhythm Nation!
What, you want me to let him keep on dancing? He loves it, true, and is not ashamed of himself. He just dances to the beat of a different drummer. A lot different. Think Animal from the Muppet Show.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:07 AM   #29
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I dance like the British Entry for EuroVision.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 12:10 PM   #30
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
those who populate the rhythm nation obviously practised it wrongly .... :ducksasthebrickbatsflewpast:
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote