Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-07-2018, 04:58 PM   #16
nystagmus
Connoisseur
nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Boox Max Lumi 2, Kobo Forma, Topjoy Butterfly E601
No KFX format has been downloaded on the Oasis regardless where the book was requested from, as well from Amazon's my content as from the oasis.

The KFX version sent to LCD devices e.g. Galaxy s8 has also on some parts the image tables in it, but they still looked better than on the oasis. some tables are Text (linear?).

OT:

It dawned on me and I have this suspicion, earlier I bought this book as an epub from a another store, if I remember correctly that specific table was linear, see link below.

Now I have converted the current AZW3 version to kepub and tried it again one the Aura one. This table was still an image. Unfortunately I can not test the originally bought epub version anymore as I completely deleted it after getting a refund.

See here, this is the conversion using calibre from the original bought epub to kepub and KFX:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=389

My conclusion is that Amazon has a worse version of the book in regard to incompletely linearized tables. As some of the tables in the book are still in Image format while others are text. Or is KFX really that limited regarding tables compared to (k)epub although some tables are already in text???

Does this sound plausible? or am I missing something?

thank you your input

Last edited by nystagmus; 02-07-2018 at 05:00 PM.
nystagmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 06:31 PM   #17
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by nystagmus View Post
No KFX format has been downloaded on the Oasis regardless where the book was requested from, as well from Amazon's my content as from the oasis.
Even with the new firmware I am still getting the free sample of that book on my Kindle in KF8 format instead of KFX. One of the KFX features used by that book must still be unsupported by even the latest e-ink Kindle firmware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nystagmus View Post
My conclusion is that Amazon has a worse version of the book in regard to incompletely linearized tables.
Publishers sometimes tailor their books to meet the requirements of different e-book sellers. That might be the case with this book. Someone would have to compare the internals of the same book purchased from different places to know for sure.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2018, 10:28 AM   #18
nystagmus
Connoisseur
nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Boox Max Lumi 2, Kobo Forma, Topjoy Butterfly E601
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Even with the new firmware I am still getting the free sample of that book on my Kindle in KF8 format instead of KFX. One of the KFX features used by that book must still be unsupported by even the latest e-ink Kindle firmware.

Publishers sometimes tailor their books to meet the requirements of different e-book sellers. That might be the case with this book. Someone would have to compare the internals of the same book purchased from different places to know for sure.
yeah, Amazon told me to ask the author for an update for the amazon version.
nystagmus is offline   Reply With Quote