Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 10-28-2014, 03:38 AM   #16
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by seacity1 View Post
Calibre Companion is my favorite & most used app. I only wish you had a version I could use on my IPad. Any chance this might happen in the future? I know many Ipad users would love it too.
Thanks for the kind words.

An iOS port has been on our list since forever. The problem: I have neither the equipment (one *must* have an Apple OSX machine) nor the knowledge to do it. My son, who has both, has not had the time due to hard customer commitments (his company develops apps for other companies). I keep hoping, but I am not holding my breath.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 11:57 AM   #17
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Have only started using it on my HD 6 today. It's great. I love how I can customize the list view! The only thing I didn't like is that the covers are centered and so move down, but I can live with that.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2014, 12:37 PM   #18
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Have only started using it on my HD 6 today. It's great. I love how I can customize the list view! The only thing I didn't like is that the covers are centered and so move down, but I can live with that.
Thanks.

Regarding the covers, what do you think it should do? Be top-aligned?
Old 10-28-2014, 12:52 PM   #19
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Thanks.

Regarding the covers, what do you think it should do? Be top-aligned?
Yeah. I looked through every option to see if I could change that, heh.
Old 10-28-2014, 01:00 PM   #20
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Yeah. I looked through every option to see if I could change that, heh.
That is an easy option to add. Will be in the next release, which will be in a few weeks unless something critical comes up.
Advert
Old 10-28-2014, 01:19 PM   #21
Jessica Lares
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
That is an easy option to add. Will be in the next release, which will be in a few weeks unless something critical comes up.
Wow, thanks, appreciate it!!
Old 11-06-2014, 04:45 PM   #22
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
Originally, I bought CC not because I really wanted it, but because of another thread that mentioned not only people pirating it, but then requesting help in using it. This pissed me off, and I figured, whatever, I'll buy it if for no other reason than to help out a bit.
After finding out how to actually use the app, as well as learning how to write to an external SD card, all I can say is WOW.
I cannot wait for my EARL to arrive, so that I can finally use CC on Android with an eInk tablet, and get the best of both worlds.
CC is my absolute favorite app.
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 11:41 AM   #23
Sefiriot
Bujavid tekikin
Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: LG G3 D855, Samsung Galaxy Note N7000
Hey chaley. Back to using CC and calibre now that my work life's settled down and I finally got a new phone with Kit Kat on it.

Just want to say-- the latest version of CC works beautifully. The speed of syncing and searching is fantastic, everything from interface to the database's working smoothly like a dream. CC now tackles my 3k+ mobile library and doesn't skip a beat; I suspect it's the upgraded hardware more than the software, but so far all is good. Much better than the last time I used CC on my old phone and the lack of memory stuffed everything up.

The list of new options I need to figure out is pleasingly long and intriguing (if a little overwhelming at the moment). I'll be sitting down with my calibre install to tweak things and take advantage of the "sync collumn for Read" feature at some point, along with other things.
Sefiriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 01:47 PM   #24
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sefiriot View Post
Hey chaley. Back to using CC and calibre now that my work life's settled down and I finally got a new phone with Kit Kat on it.

Just want to say-- the latest version of CC works beautifully. The speed of syncing and searching is fantastic, everything from interface to the database's working smoothly like a dream. CC now tackles my 3k+ mobile library and doesn't skip a beat; I suspect it's the upgraded hardware more than the software, but so far all is good. Much better than the last time I used CC on my old phone and the lack of memory stuffed everything up.

The list of new options I need to figure out is pleasingly long and intriguing (if a little overwhelming at the moment). I'll be sitting down with my calibre install to tweak things and take advantage of the "sync collumn for Read" feature at some point, along with other things.
Welcome back.

There have been many performance improvements since you were having so much trouble with your old device, in particular with the grouping drawer. I know of one user who has almost 18,000 books on his device, and CC handles that. You are right, though, to say that a modern faster device makes a big difference. I just got a Nexus 5, and the difference between it and my Galaxy Nexus is night and day.

Let me know if some of the options are hard to understand. It is rare for someone like you to come back after a time. Difficulties you have probably exist for new users, but they will possibly be more evident to you.