Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-20-2008, 04:02 PM   #16
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
At the risk of not being unutterably silly: I've flown about once a month since August, involving airports in Dallas, Houston (both of them), Memphis and Nashville, each multiple times, and never had mine (sometimes in my carry-on, sometimes in the pocket of my vest which goes through the scanner) looked twice at by security. I'd expect you to have no issues.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 04:10 PM   #17
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Can I please have a custom user title, "unutterably silly"?

I fly 5-6 times a month. It is the primary reason why I've made plans to acquire an e-book reader. That's why keyboards and wifi don't appeal to me. I need a simple, attainable reader.

Most frequent airports are the hubs, mainly. Memphis, Chicago, Houston, Dallas, LAX, Newark. Schipol - and then I get on a train.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2008, 04:13 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
When I've flown with paperback books, I've always had the one I was reading and one unread book so I always had enough to read for the duration of the flight. I did have more books in my checked luggage as well.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 04:15 PM   #19
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
Can I please have a custom user title, "unutterably silly"?
Sure you can! Or anything else that takes your fancy for that matter: you can change it yourself on the User Control Panel (under "Edit Profile" over on the left).
Old 03-20-2008, 04:17 PM   #20
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh. Well, then, nevermind. Not nearly so much fun as a dispensation from the powers.
Advert
Old 03-20-2008, 05:00 PM   #21
NatCh
Gizmologist

The "powers" have dispensed that you can change it yourself, is that a good enough rationalization?
Old 03-20-2008, 05:02 PM   #22
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.

Nope. Isn't it generally true that you don't want what you can easily have?
Old 03-20-2008, 05:11 PM   #23
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Nope. Isn't it generally true that you don't want what you can easily have?
completely true, in my world.

nonetheless, i feel that if *anyone* should receive the honorary title "unutterably silly", it is you, even if you must do the bestowing yourself.

alternatively, give me your login / password and i'll bestow it for you.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 05:19 PM   #24
RCR
Addict
RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 x Sony 505, iPad, Samsung 7 Tablet, ASUS Transformer, Nexus 7
Sonys on a Plane

Quote:
"It's an e-book reader", I answered in response to her soft-voiced query. She leaned forward for a closer look. Now, I'm a grown man, not some hormone-addled teenager - but I do love a woman in uniform. I kept my eyes on her face, her face...
Oh, Taylor, you're such a tease. Put me on the alert list so I can buy your novel when you complete it (in Sony format, of course).
RCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 06:31 PM   #25
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
...checked luggage...
Amateur.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:40 PM   #26
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Speaking of checked luggage. When we came home from Florida recently, our two bags were the first two bags to come down the conveyor belt.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:54 PM   #27
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Great MaggieScratch. Be sure and let us know how your trip goes with your Cybook.

And BruceW, I hope you suggested to the stewardess that she join us here on this great forum.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 08:00 AM   #28
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
"It's an e-book reader", I answered in response to her soft-voiced query. She leaned forward for a closer look. Now, I'm a grown man, not some hormone-addled teenager - but I do love a woman in uniform. I kept my eyes on her face, her face...

"... hundreds of books use it anywhere and the screen no eye strain...". I was babbling, the neurons typically used for coherent speech co-opted by her scent, the strand of hair escaped from her perfect coif. I nearly dropped my reader as I restrained my hand from tucking it back behind her ear.

"...read it in bed I love reading in bed do you read in my bed? I mean I love your bed, not that your bed is any of my business no, sorry, I meant to say no backlight we'll have to leave a light on..."

Her slight smile and whispered "naughty boy" undid me completely. This was going to be a long flight.

Some people have a talent
Karma is on its way.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 11:39 AM   #29
NatCh
Gizmologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Speaking of checked luggage. When we came home from Florida recently, our two bags were the first two bags to come down the conveyor belt.
Heh, on the return leg of my last trip to Houston, my bag was waiting beside the conveyor before they started unloading the plane I was on. They apparently put it on an earlier flight. They tried to put me on an earlier flight, but I didn't want to pay the $45 bucks for the privilege.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:42 AM   #30
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.

European pants taught me never to check luggage.