Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 09-03-2013, 04:01 AM   #16
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
I would contact ASUS support. This is not normal operations and you should get it fixed or replaced by ASUS. If you bought it local I would exchange it first. It certainly can't hurt.
I hadn't wanted to say this because it would appear that I am passing the buck, but I agree. It boggles the mind that a correctly-functioning Asus-made tablet could not install paid apps. Asus is a real company with real products, and such a basic problem wouldn't slip by them.

A few malfunctioning bits in the memory holding Android could easily account for the error. Executing that bit of program containing the failed bits would fail, causing everything around it to fail as well.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:40 AM   #17
Kythe42
Zealot
Kythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Android tablet
Thanks for the replies. My latest response from the Google Tech Support said that it was a problem with the apps and not their store, which I thought was a really obnoxious passing of the buck considering I had the problem with three separate apps, and all of them paid, and they told me to contact you guys and the other developers of the apps I failed to install.

I don't really consider you telling me to contact Asus to be obnoxious though. I had already been in contact with them before and they were the ones that told me to contact the Google Play store. Perhaps I'll try installing a paid app on my PC emulator(the only other Android device I have) to determine once and for all if the problem is with my Google account or with my device. I'd like to it with Calibre Companion again if it wouldn't be too much trouble for you since I've already got a rapport with you.

Edit: Nevermind I forgot that I never requested the refund for the MoonReader Pro app and I tried to install that on my emulator and it worked fine. Guess, I'm going to have to contact Asus and either get them to exchange the device or do it through Amazon.

Last edited by Kythe42; 09-03-2013 at 07:59 AM.
Kythe42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2013, 08:00 AM   #18
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kythe42 View Post
I don't really consider you telling me to contact Asus to be obnoxious though. I had already been in contact with them before and they were the ones that told me to contact the Google Play store. Perhaps I'll try installing a paid app on my PC emulator(the only other Android device I have) to determine once and for all if the problem is with my Google account or with my device. I'd like to it with Calibre Companion again if it wouldn't be too much trouble for you since I've already got a rapport with you.
We would be happy to support you on this, but ...

Have you verified that you can actually install any paid app on any emulator? Google specifically says that the emulator cannot be used for testing in-app purchasing. I don't know if that means it can't be used to test any kind of purchasing. If there is a problem, it would almost certainly be related to the unique identifier that every device is supposed to have. The emulators don't have it.

Do you still have the paid version of Moon+? If so, try with that, saving yet another transaction that might be doomed to fail.

Another option: do you have a friend with an android device? If so, you could "borrow" it, add your account, then download moon+ and try to run it. After the experiment you would uninstall the app delete the account. I know that having multiple account works because I do it with my wife's devices (N7 and HTC Sensation).
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:03 AM   #19
Kythe42
Zealot
Kythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipse

Guess you posted at the same time I was editing my post. LOL

Yeah I got the MoonReader Pro app to install just fine on my emulator, time to contact Asus again and try to get an exchange done.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:50 PM   #20
Kythe42
Zealot

Ok final update. I got Amazon to send me a new device in exchange which was preferable to sending the device to the Asus service center. At first I thought the 2nd device wasn't working as well, but then it began to do a firmware update which the first one never did even when I manually checked for updates. After the update was installed I was able to install MoonReader Pro. I then tried purchasing Calibre Companion again and it installed just fine.

So in a nutshell the first device just refused to update it's firmware and that was the problem. Thanks for all the help and advice.

I guess now I should do a factory reset on the first one before I send it back to erase all personal data.

Last edited by Kythe42; 09-05-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Advert