Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-24-2013, 11:18 AM   #16
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
unplug it, press and hold the reset and power button for 30 seconds. Plug in and try it. Assuming you've tried another power adapter - on some units unsoldering a wire from the battery and trying the above then resolder has helped, if that does nothing then it would indicate battery or power handling electronics.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:49 PM   #17
glnnjnsn
Enthusiast
glnnjnsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glnnjnsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glnnjnsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glnnjnsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glnnjnsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glnnjnsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glnnjnsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glnnjnsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glnnjnsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glnnjnsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glnnjnsn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittykrystal View Post
Is there anything else I can do? I have left it on a wall charger for hours. Then tried the reset, still nothing and I am about to tear my hair out. .
I'm sure this is not likely the case, but since it's happened to me before...

Are you sure the wall outlet is functioning correctly?

I once was puzzled why my device wasn't charging until I finally discovered (a day later!) that something had tripped the circuit breaker for the outlet.
glnnjnsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2013, 06:52 AM   #18
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Sorry, but just goes to show bargains are often not. Often you get what you pay for. A Kindle may cost more but the warranty and customer service can't be beat.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:34 AM   #19
ClareK
Connoisseur
ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Laser
As I mentioned earlier, when my Chinese (Laser) ereader went completely flat it wouldn't charge when plugged into the computer, and I am assuming that this was because the light had caused it to discharge faster than it charged. I thought the reader was completely dead - and the battery obviously was - so I got a very pleasant surprise when the wall charger worked.

The difference between charging the reader with a computer and charging it with a wall charger is that you can alter the settings (or even read an ebook, for that matter) when it is plugged into the wall charger, and you can't when it is plugged into the computer.

Unfortunately, unless you can get hold of a wall charger cheaply there is a risk you would be throwing good money after bad!

Last edited by ClareK; 05-26-2013 at 03:35 AM. Reason: duplicate word
ClareK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:44 AM   #20
kittykrystal
kittykrystal doesn't litterkittykrystal doesn't litter

Device: Generic Ebook Reader
I want to thank all of you for your help. I tried all of your suggestions. This models battery does not come with a handy plug in. It is soldered in. So, I had my hubby, who has messed with electronics, cut the wires and wait 30 min. then re solder them. It still won't charge. I know that my tablet will do the same, but my little ereader was so much lighter to hold. I also have a little sylvania SINETWID net book that has the same problem. I am tired of these things quitting on me.
kittykrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
charging battery, ebook problem, generic reader, hard reset, wake