Notices

Old 02-06-2008, 12:47 PM   #16
veggiemouse
veggiemouse began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble View Post
Reset, turn back on and try again.
Reset will not work. Now I am worried!!!!
veggiemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:55 PM   #17
daudi
Addict
daudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-books

Device: iRex iLiad, Psion 5MX, nokia n800
After pressing the reset button did you try to boot again, i.e. "turn back on" as tribble said? The reset button alone won't change what appears on the screen (I think).
daudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2008, 01:01 PM   #18
thetechnobear
Connoisseur
thetechnobear has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.thetechnobear has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.thetechnobear has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Iliad, Kindle K3, iPad , iPhone, etc...
hmm, looks like this involves some work for me,
am i correct in saying:

a) installing this will completely reflash /mnt/free & / ?
b) i will need to rerequest shell access again, correct?
c) apps installed on /mnt/cf should be largely unaffected?

if so think it means i just need to backup my changes to the rootfs

thxs for any info
thetechnobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:16 PM   #19
veggiemouse
veggiemouse began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by daudi View Post
After pressing the reset button did you try to boot again, i.e. "turn back on" as tribble said? The reset button alone won't change what appears on the screen (I think).
I kept pushing the reset, unhooked the power supply, tried on and off. I did this for about 10 min and it finally released. I have completed the download. Thank you all for your help.
veggiemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:37 PM   #20
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Think before upgrade. Some 3rd-party applications may not be runnable on FW2.12.
1. Java Apps. The directory "/home/intent" is different from FW2.11.
2. dropbear. I don't know why. My dropbear refues my connection.

Last edited by ericshliao; 02-06-2008 at 01:39 PM.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2008, 01:44 PM   #21
thetechnobear
Connoisseur
thetechnobear has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.thetechnobear has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.thetechnobear has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

hmm dropbear not working would be a killer for me...

i was thinking, its also going to mean reinstalling busybox,

hmm, but on the other hand, its gotta be done at some point - so gotta resolve these issues sooner or later

do we know what has changed in this release, except for what was mentioned in the email?
Old 02-06-2008, 01:57 PM   #22
serge
Enthusiast
serge has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iRex iLiad
Reinstalled unbrickable works as before. No problems with dropbear/ssh.
serge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:44 PM   #23
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

serge, how did your dropbear connect to net? Wired or wireless?
Old 02-06-2008, 03:18 PM   #24
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
My dropbear over wired is working just as before.

@thetechnobear: Reflash does not touch anything in /mnt/free /mnt/settings or the memory cards. Anything there will be safe after a reflash.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:34 PM   #25
thetechnobear
Connoisseur

excellent... though i made a backup just in case, which is good practice anyways

anyway, 2.12 installed, but currently request developer access seems to be failing,

is the link still:
https://myirex.irexnet.com/user.php/developer

keeps saying nothing to download - yet it downloaded ref manuals from ids ok, so not sure what the issue is...
suppose i will just keep trying

(btw, it said it was download chinese fonts , i hope it doesnt think im in china... i need dev access )

Last edited by thetechnobear; 02-06-2008 at 03:48 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 03:49 PM   #26
serge
Enthusiast
serge has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iRex iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericshliao View Post
serge, how did your dropbear connect to net? Wired or wireless?
Either.
I am using these scripts: "User Friendly Wireless Network Management" for wireless.
Via DHCP I always get the same IPs from my router: xxx.xxx.xxx.100 for wireless and xxx.xxx.xxx.101 for wired. Typing "ssh root@ xxx.xxx.xxx.100/1" works depending on which of the connections is on at the time.
serge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:51 PM   #27
ericshliao
Guru

I can see on my iLiad that wireless connection is made and dropbear is running without problem. My dropbear uses wireless connection.
My problem with dropbear is that it refused my connection from PuTTY. This probelm didn't exist in FW2.11.

Edited:
My dropbear is put in MMC. I created my own script to start it and stop it from contentlister.

Last edited by ericshliao; 02-06-2008 at 03:59 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:01 PM   #28
thetechnobear
Connoisseur

doh

i forgot their developer access link doesnt work with safari on the mac, you have to use firefox,
annoying as i found this the hard way last time

oh well, back on track now ... will post something on irex, as a reminder for me next time
Old 02-06-2008, 04:40 PM   #29
ericshliao
Guru

Does "/etc/registry/registry.xml" still control icon to be displayed on contentlister according to file extension? I can't make it right now.
Oh, I missed my good old FW2.11.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:43 PM   #30
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericshliao View Post
Does "/etc/registry/registry.xml" still control icon to be displayed on contentlister according to file extension? I can't make it right now.
Oh, I missed my good old FW2.11.
It was never /etc/registry/registry.xml. That is the backup it defaults to if your registry has problems.

You can modify your registry at /mnt/settings/registry/registry.xml
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote