Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-03-2012, 07:51 AM   #16
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
I have the ultimat ecell plan - free unlimited calls, free unlimited text, free unlimited surfing, free phone.
I'm guessing it's "free" simply because someone else is paying for it?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:03 AM   #17
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
Seriously? I mean, seriously?

While Apple pioneered the 'walled garden' approach, Amazon has embraced it whole-heartedly.

Don't drink that Kool-Aid!
Well, it's true for the kindle. Not for Amazon mp3.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2012, 08:06 AM   #18
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I just had to give up my unlimited data in 3G to move to 4G.

But I got Unlimited Talk and unlimited text.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:04 AM   #19
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Was it really worth it ?
Is 4G that fast ? We don't have 4g plan yet in france, but i don't feel like it's that usefull.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:26 AM   #20
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Is 4G that fast ?
The fastest I remember getting when running a speed test is 9.8 Mb/s. That's on Sprint's WiMax 4G network which they have begun dumping for LTE. Of course I rarely get a 4G signal as they never fully completed the WiMax coverage.

It's my understanding that their LTE network is generally much faster, a friend gets speeds of 25 MB/s or better at times.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2012, 09:30 AM   #21
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Was it really worth it ?
Is 4G that fast ? We don't have 4g plan yet in france, but i don't feel like it's that usefull.
It's noticeable ... I think ...
Old 08-03-2012, 10:17 AM   #22
heySkippy
Groupie
heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Amazon needs to figure out ways to make more profit. I don't think investors will put up with current performance forever.
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:25 AM   #23
kennyc

This is the problem with today's society. Amazon's focus is not on investors, that is why it is successful.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ericjack...zon-a-gorilla/
Old 08-03-2012, 12:47 PM   #24
heySkippy
Groupie
heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Amazon's investors are the owners of the company and sooner or later they are going to want returns on their investment.
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:01 PM   #25
kennyc

As I said. See previous post.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:01 PM   #26
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle & little green monster
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
This is very good. makes me more likely to buy hardware from companies that make really good hardware but that i don't want to use their content store.
ScotiaBurrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:05 PM   #27
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I'm guessing it's "free" simply because someone else is paying for it?
Yeah, that's what my daughter has, courtesy of her mother.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:36 PM   #28
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
I would love an app to watch Amazon Prime video on my Android tablet. The browser works, but it's a bit kludgy.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:53 PM   #29
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
And it's not about becoming a monopoly in the ebook market.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...,7614738.story
I hope they would make it so their books can be read on more devices! Imagine me being able to put all those freebies I have on my T1 rather than being stuck to the silly cloud!
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:31 PM   #30
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
I hope they would make it so their books can be read on more devices! Imagine me being able to put all those freebies I have on my T1 rather than being stuck to the silly cloud!
That would be great. I strip and convert, read a lot on my Sony 505.