Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-25-2012, 07:51 PM   #16
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
By the way, the K4NT in this thread title is redundant. All K4s are "NT". You can leave the NT off and just use K4. After all, we do not say "I ate an orange carrot for lunch today" (all carrots are orange colored)...

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-25-2012 at 07:53 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:09 PM   #17
kenjamin
kenjamin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by gers1978 View Post
So put an ENABLE_DIAGS file onto the root, then what?

EDIT: Got it, I booted into DIAGS mode with data.tar.gz in place, did a Reboot from Diags mode, then Exited Diags, then put RUNME.sh on the root then Restarted
Wasn't able to get this working following these instructions exactly. I have a K4 running 4.1.0 and I was trying to do this with the Ixtab jailbreak method from the wiki. From what I can tell it never even attempts to Jailbreak. It just boots normally and seems to ignore RUNME.sh

Additionally, after I enable USBnet and I try to configure the RNDIS/Ethernet Gadget, I never even get the options to configure ipv4 manually. Nor do I see the options to enter the subnet. Clicking Advanced takes me to network preferences I have never found instructions for. (I'm on OS X Lion)

Last edited by kenjamin; 07-29-2012 at 05:12 PM.
kenjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2012, 06:04 PM   #18
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjamin View Post
Wasn't able to get this working following these instructions exactly. I have a K4 running 4.1.0 and I was trying to do this with the Ixtab jailbreak method from the wiki. From what I can tell it never even attempts to Jailbreak. It just boots normally and seems to ignore RUNME.sh

Additionally, after I enable USBnet and I try to configure the RNDIS/Ethernet Gadget, I never even get the options to configure ipv4 manually. Nor do I see the options to enter the subnet. Clicking Advanced takes me to network preferences I have never found instructions for. (I'm on OS X Lion) ...
Make sure you do not have a RUNME.done file that prevents RUNME.sh from running again. Depending on your RUNME.sh file, it may or may not require that you remove ENABLE_DIAGS before running it, or it needs to be smart enough to mount the main partition before modifying it.

Here is a thread that got RNDIS working on OSX Lion (for a BeagleBoard, but it should work for a kindle too): https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...rd/gKQtFpdpB6k
Old 09-14-2012, 04:44 PM   #19
Kalja
Kalja began at the beginning.

Hi all, I got a new Kindle 4 (the black one) - FW 4.1 - I tried all methods to get the screensaver folder, but was not succesful: Jailbreak (Error U007), copying RUNME.sh, data.tar.gz and so on...maybe the hacks don't work on the new KIndle 4 (black)? Thank's for your help! Kalja
Kalja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:49 PM   #20
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Kalja: Neeeearly there. The thread with the answer to your queries was just a little bit lower on the page: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=190819&page=2
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2012, 05:24 PM   #21
Kalja
Kalja began at the beginning.

@NiLuJe - thank's for the link - also the JB with method #3 didn't work - maybe I have to wait...
Kalja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:53 PM   #22
coolwes123
coolwes123 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I know this is the wrong thread but maybe someone can help me here....
My KNT4 has a password on it and I can't acess it!
I have a bunch of important documents on my kindle including my notepad app because I am writing a story and if I were to reset my kindle I would lose all my works! D: I anyone knows a way that might help PLEASE DO!!!
coolwes123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:17 PM   #23
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolwes123 View Post
I have a bunch of important documents on my kindle including my notepad app because I am writing a story and if I were to reset my kindle I would lose all my works! D: I anyone knows a way that might help PLEASE DO!!!
There is a button at the upper left labeled: "new thread", use it.

Read up on the various de-bricking threads (stickies, just below the "new thread" button) and rather than re-write you existing file system, copy it out to an image file that you can mount.
You want to make a copy of mmcblk0p4 -
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:36 PM   #24
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolwes123 View Post
MfgTool. Boot diags. Export USB. Copy off your stuff.

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-27-2012 at 08:40 PM.