Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-16-2012, 07:39 PM   #16
RolandD
Fanatic
RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch is now my main eReader.
That's all well and good, but where do all the other Grantville Gazettes fit in?
RolandD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:32 PM   #17
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolandD View Post
That's all well and good, but where do all the other Grantville Gazettes fit in?
I wasn't going to ask that question.

My understanding is that the Gazettes are *mostly* fanfiction and *mostly* standalone stories in the world. Within reason, I'm expecting if they are read by mostly numerical order we'll be fine.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2012, 12:43 AM   #18
BaenSidhe
Groupie
BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500 and PRS-650
The gazettes take place between 1631 to 1636. I think it's best to read them in numerical order since there are continuing stories and serials. As to when to read the gazettes while reading the novels, you can follow Paul's quote of Eric's statement. At the point where he says to read gazette #5, you can continue on reading the rest of the gazettes or finish the main novels and then go back to the gazettes. There are some characters introduced in the gazettes who also appear in the novels and reading about their adventures in the gazettes helps with the background history.
BaenSidhe is offline   Reply With Quote