Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-19-2011, 02:36 PM   #16
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Thanks for the headsup.

I mainly use Calibre. The only time I use the Reader Library is when I'm buying books at the Sony Store.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:42 PM   #17
pappcam
pappcam knows what is on the back of the AURYN.pappcam knows what is on the back of the AURYN.pappcam knows what is on the back of the AURYN.pappcam knows what is on the back of the AURYN.pappcam knows what is on the back of the AURYN.pappcam knows what is on the back of the AURYN.pappcam knows what is on the back of the AURYN.pappcam knows what is on the back of the AURYN.pappcam knows what is on the back of the AURYN.pappcam knows what is on the back of the AURYN.pappcam knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Mines been updating for 5 minutes now. Should I be worried?
pappcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2011, 01:52 AM   #18
Fortissimo
Connoisseur
Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony Reader Touch Edition (PRS-650BC)
I didn't think I'd have any use for this update, but I noticed yesterday that when I tried opening a book (which I'm sure I got for free from the sony ebook store), I got a message that it was DRM protected and I couldn't view it.

Edit: I've just completed the update process. Everything went well and the reader was successfully updated. However, at the end of it all, I got a prompt from Windows saying I had to format the disk in drive H before I could use it. Obviously I declined. I later checked and saw that drive H seems to contain the settings and is 9.96MB in size. Anyone else experience this?

Last edited by Fortissimo; 03-20-2011 at 02:34 AM. Reason: More info
Fortissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 08:37 AM   #19
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappcam View Post
Did your update complete successfully, pappcam? My PRS-350 was relatively new, with only a few ebooks on it, and I was using Windows 7 for the update.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortissimo View Post
I didn't think I'd have any use for this update, but I noticed yesterday that when I tried opening a book (which I'm sure I got for free from the sony ebook store), I got a message that it was DRM protected and I couldn't view it.

Edit: I've just completed the update process. Everything went well and the reader was successfully updated. However, at the end of it all, I got a prompt from Windows saying I had to format the disk in drive H before I could use it. Obviously I declined. I later checked and saw that drive H seems to contain the settings and is 9.96MB in size. Anyone else experience this?
I updated using Windows 7 and didn't get any request to format a drive. When I used the "safely disconnect" option, there were two drives allocated to the Sony Reader (PRS-350) which confused me, though.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 01:56 PM   #20
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Unhappy Mmmmmmmmmmm..................

Just downloaded it

I've noticed the page turn action is now a bit "woolly" and sometimes doesn't go at all, so I try again, wait, then of course, when that works not, use whichever I didn't use (button /swipe), wait, and then it suddenly "catches up" with all the page turn commands I've made !
Being patient doesn't seem to work.

I'll give it a few more sessions, p'raps it'll sort itself out ................
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2011, 02:01 PM   #21
Fortissimo
Connoisseur
Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Did your update complete successfully, pappcam? My PRS-350 was relatively new, with only a few ebooks on it, and I was using Windows 7 for the update.
I updated using Windows 7 and didn't get any request to format a drive. When I used the "safely disconnect" option, there were two drives allocated to the Sony Reader (PRS-350) which confused me, though.
I think this is normal. There seems to be two drives allocated to the reader.
Hmmm... now I'm a bit worried that no one else got the prompt to format drive H before it can be used. My reader is working perfectly, but windows wouldn't ask me to format the drive just for nothing. Please help, somebody.

Last edited by Fortissimo; 03-20-2011 at 02:08 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:12 PM   #22
jswinden
Nameless Being

The two drives is indeed normal as you should see a READER drive and a SETTINGS drive whenever you connect the 350 to a Windows computer.

Since I've never encountered the problems the update supposedly corrects, I think I'll wait a bit to see how everyone likes it, especially since there seems to be at least one person with a possible update related issue. It seems both issues it addresses are with purchased books, and since I ALWAYS deDRM my purchased books and modify them to suit my tastes, that might be why I've never had the problems.

Last edited by jswinden; 03-20-2011 at 02:16 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:54 PM   #23
Fortissimo
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
especially since there seems to be at least one person with a possible update related issue.
Me? or Carpetmojo?
Old 03-20-2011, 03:14 PM   #24
pappcam
pappcam knows what is on the back of the AURYN.pappcam knows what is on the back of the AURYN.pappcam knows what is on the back of the AURYN.pappcam knows what is on the back of the AURYN.pappcam knows what is on the back of the AURYN.pappcam knows what is on the back of the AURYN.pappcam knows what is on the back of the AURYN.pappcam knows what is on the back of the AURYN.pappcam knows what is on the back of the AURYN.pappcam knows what is on the back of the AURYN.pappcam knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappcam View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
It completed in about 15 minutes. Seems to work the same after the update and I have about 100 books on it
pappcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 03:48 PM   #25
Fortissimo
Connoisseur

From this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99440 it seems the drive H/settings drive just contains the reader library software. So I guess it shouldn't be too serious.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:43 PM   #26
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
I've noticed the page turn action is now a bit "woolly" and sometimes doesn't go at all, so I try again, wait, then of course, when that works not, use whichever I didn't use (button /swipe), wait, and then it suddenly "catches up" with all the page turn commands I've made !
Being patient doesn't seem to work.

I'll give it a few more sessions, p'raps it'll sort itself out ................
I noticed this last night after I updated as well. Hopefully it will work itself out quickly.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:24 AM   #27
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortissimo View Post
Me? or Carpetmojo?
Carpetmojo and now library addict too.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:49 AM   #28
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
I noticed this last night after I updated as well. Hopefully it will work itself out quickly.
Did you check if restarting/reset helps?
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 05:23 AM   #29
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
One does not have to search for it. Just tether your Sony to the Reader Library and it will tell you about the update and sync it.
Unless it is blocked by a firewall to access the Internet.
You can guess what the firewall does on my PC

Two people now complained about page turn issues after the update. I guess I am going to wait for a couple of weeks and see how it works. I don't have problems with purchased books anyway
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 05:56 AM   #30
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartu View Post
Did you check if restarting/reset helps?
Yup, that appears to have done the trick. It's working fine now.