Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-16-2011, 09:44 AM   #16
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Spanish translation updated

Paquillo finished the Spanish translation, so I update the installation package in the first message (to version 3). He updated missing translations and fixed several translation errors.

Thanks to Paquillo for the translation.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:47 PM   #17
Paquillo
Enthusiast
Paquillo began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000S, Motorola Xoom, Sony PRS-T1
Hi, Marcel.

Just a couple of questions: Should we uninstall MackxPatch (who has installed it) before installing the translations? Will we see the effect of the updated translations with the patch installed?

Paco
Paquillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2011, 05:00 PM   #18
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paquillo View Post
Hi, Marcel.

Just a couple of questions: Should we uninstall MackxPatch (who has installed it) before installing the translations? Will we see the effect of the updated translations with the patch installed?

Paco
Hi Paco,

You can leave the MackxPatch installed, but the new strings that are added by the patch, will not be properly translated. All existing/translated strings should be OK with or without the patch installed.

Regards,
Marcel.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:21 PM   #19
adanpi
adanpi began at the beginning.

Device: dr800s
Hola a todos y gracias por vuestro buen hacer.
Paquillo, sabías que las palabras con acento salen dobles? y las ņ también. No se si me explico...
Se podría poner un desinstalador de "Translations-r3?"
Gracias

Last edited by adanpi; 02-16-2011 at 06:35 PM.
adanpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:46 PM   #20
Paquillo
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by adanpi View Post
Hola a todos y gracias por vuestro buen hacer.
Paquillo, sabías que las palabras con acento salen dobles? y las ņ también. No se si me explico...
Se podría poner un desinstalador de "Translations-r3?"
Gracias
No lo sabía. Todavía no lo he instalado. Continúo en inglés, para que se entere todo el mundo.

First, I translate the adanpi's post:

"Hello to everybody and thank you for good job. Paquillo, did you know that the words with tilde appear double and the "ņ" as well? I don't know if I explain well...
Could an uninstaller for "Translations-r3" be provided?"

And I answer:
I didn't know. I haven't installed it yet.

I suppose it is something related to the character set. But in the text files (.mo files) these letters are changed, but not double. In gtranslator I established the character set as ISO-8859-1, both for writing and for transfer. Did anybody know anything about this?

Thanks

Paco

P.D: adanpi, por favor, para otra vez escribe en inglés, y así lo entiende todo el mundo sin que tengamos que traducirlo otros.
Advert
Old 02-17-2011, 01:27 PM   #21
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
No lo sabía. Todavía no lo he instalado. Continúo en inglés, para que se entere todo el mundo.

First, I translate the adanpi's post:

"Hello to everybody and thank you for good job. Paquillo, did you know that the words with tilde appear double and the "ņ" as well? I don't know if I explain well...
Could an uninstaller for "Translations-r3" be provided?"

And I answer:
I didn't know. I haven't installed it yet.

I suppose it is something related to the character set. But in the text files (.mo files) these letters are changed, but not double. In gtranslator I established the character set as ISO-8859-1, both for writing and for transfer. Did anybody know anything about this?

Thanks

Paco

P.D: adanpi, por favor, para otra vez escribe en inglés, y así lo entiende todo el mundo sin que tengamos que traducirlo otros.
I think you should use UTF-8 instead of ISO8859-1.
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:41 PM   #22
Mackx
Guru

I will be more careful before publishing and ask the author of the translation to test first the next time.
Iņigo: I also noticed that the character set changed, do you think that UTF-8 is the only allowed? Is this DR specific?
Old 02-17-2011, 01:51 PM   #23
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
Iņigo: I also noticed that the character set changed, do you think that UTF-8 is the only allowed? Is this DR specific?
Linux uses UTF-8 almost always nowdays, and DR are linux devices.

Also, these are the first lines of ctb's es.po file:
Code:
# Italian translations for ctb package.
# Copyright (C) 2009 THE ctb'S COPYRIGHT HOLDER
# This file is distributed under the same license as the ctb package.
# Automatically generated, 2009.
#
msgid ""
msgstr ""
"Project-Id-Version: ctb 1.6\n"
"Report-Msgid-Bugs-To: \n"
"POT-Creation-Date: 2010-04-16 15:25+0200\n"
"PO-Revision-Date: 2009-12-29 14:18+0100\n"
"Last-Translator: Laura <helpfe@tin.it>\n"
"Language-Team: none\n"
"MIME-Version: 1.0\n"
"Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8\n"
"Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit\n"
"Plural-Forms: nplurals=2; plural=(n != 1);\n"
Look at the charset part near the end of this chunk => UTF-8.
And it's the same for the other 4 or 5 files I've checked, in spanish, german, chinese or any language.

So be careful that any tool you are using to write/complete the .po files correctly saves contents as UTF-8.

PS: btw, and answering your initial question... if I remember correctly, gtk functions only accept UTF-8 encoded texts.

Confirmed: read first paragraph of [1] or question 1.7 and 1.8 of [2]

[1] http://www.gtk.org/api/2.6/glib/glib...onversion.html
[2] http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/u...ion-index.html

Last edited by Iņigo; 02-17-2011 at 01:58 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:22 PM   #24
Paquillo
Enthusiast

I will convert the .po files to UTF-8. Will you re-open my issues in Bitbucket, Marcel, so that I can upload the new files?

I'm sorry for the problem. Now we all know this important detail to be taken into account. Thanks, Iņigo, for the clarification.

Paco
Old 02-17-2011, 03:18 PM   #25
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
I will convert the .po files to UTF-8. Will you re-open my issues in Bitbucket, Marcel, so that I can upload the new files?
I created a new issue, you can add them all to it. Friday evening is a 'difficult' day for me (I live across a bar), so I will not process the files before Saturday.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:42 PM   #26
Paquillo
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
I created a new issue, you can add them all to it. Friday evening is a 'difficult' day for me (I live across a bar), so I will not process the files before Saturday.
OK. I have uploaded the files anyway.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:17 PM   #27
adanpi
adanpi began at the beginning.

Device: dr800s
To paquillo and other users

Thank you for the answer, and pardon for not having translated before my text (I do not speak English). This message I am translating it and not very well as it will stay, I ask for pardon again.
P.D. I encourage you to be still like that, it gives taste to treat with persons whose knowledge does not have limits.
Regards
adanpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 05:38 PM   #28
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by adanpi View Post
Thank you for the answer, and pardon for not having translated before my text (I do not speak English). This message I am translating it and not very well as it will stay, I ask for pardon again.
P.D. I encourage you to be still like that, it gives taste to treat with persons whose knowledge does not have limits.
Regards
adanpi:

[es] si no hablas inglés no te preocupes, inténtalo en el idioma que mejor domines, pero ten en cuenta que tal vez las respuestas tarden más en llegar o incluso no lleguen.

[en] feel free to speak other language than English if you can't speak it, but be in mind than maybe you won't get any answer or they will last.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:16 AM   #29
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iņigo View Post
Confirmed: read first paragraph of [1] or question 1.7 and 1.8 of [2]

[1] http://www.gtk.org/api/2.6/glib/glib...onversion.html
[2] http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/u...ion-index.html
Thanks for finding this usefull information.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:10 PM   #30
Mackx
Guru

Hi Paco,

This installation file is generated with the files that you send me. Can you (or anyone else) first test them before I add them to the first message of this thread?

Thanks,
Marcel.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Translations-r4.zip (65.2 KB, 198 views)