Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-02-2011, 01:08 PM   #16
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
i read TEXT pdfs on the 360 just fine. as long as they arent images they are read very well. I will also tell you that I have never updated my pb360 to 15.x as there has always been issues to date. 14.2 is rock solid . Im not even sure what the point of the 15.x series has been- what was to fix/add?

IT'd be better if the retailers would downgrade the devices to 14.2 BEFORE shipping them.

360 is easy to use and fairly idiot proof. my 6 year old picked it up when he was 5 and has been able to turn it on and find a book to read or a game to play ever since. no issues no hassles.

Last edited by Dulin's Books; 01-02-2011 at 05:39 PM.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:07 PM   #17
Iron Dog
Iron Dog began at the beginning.

Device: PB 360
Thank you to everybody who's replied here. You all helped me solve the deleting of bookmark issues and suggested the downgrade (which I did and initial tests after have the PB working better and no freezing yet *crosses fingers*).

The PDF's I have are completely text (minus the graphics of the book cover itself). After the downgrade, it loads faster and I haven't noticed any significant lag as there was with the factory install. In my humble opinion, if the 15 series is known to have issues, they should downgrade before shipping otherwise I'm sure there are other people like myself who've never touched an ereader who end up quite put off by the way the unit doesn't work like advertised.

I also loaded a colour photo onto it to see what would happen and it actually looks fairly decent in the black and white.
Iron Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert