Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-17-2007, 09:20 AM   #16
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Great script additions!

I can do a lot of things, but clean, commented code is not one of them. Looks great.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:04 PM   #17
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokos
I just checked the download of post #1. Both zip files got an update. Line Feed bug is history.
[Edit:] As a positive proof I attached a screenshot; greetings to all fans of Tori Amos out there.
Heh, I remember Cornflake Girl... Amos was quite popular during my college times
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2007, 08:41 AM   #18
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
uuh, I linked notes button to "recent documents". Before listing music so often while reading, I didn't need this.

The best way to use mpd is usage of "recent documents".
When you use the "status message", & "next song" buttons once after starting mpd, they are all together in the list with the document which you read. Then it is easier to switch back & forth between music box controls & document.

I attached "link_buttons_to_Recent_Documents.zip" [which is a visually modded older script].

We should find a way to sort the Conentlister Playlist by album [creating a subfolder for each one], navigaton though the list with 44 song is ok, but when my CF 16 GB comes at home, I want to have more albums on card.

[EDIT]: scripts are not compatible with os 2.10.
Attached Files
File Type: zip link_buttons_to_Recent_Documents.zip (10.0 KB, 386 views)

Last edited by yokos; 06-14-2007 at 09:08 AM. Reason: 16 GB card
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 02:06 PM   #19
bedwere
Enthusiast
bedwere began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
I tried it with 2.9.5 and it works. However, is there a way to balance the channels?
bedwere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 03:23 PM   #20
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
How about modifying mpd to look for a reserved mp3 file name, such as "Shutdown.mp3"? When fed a 0 length file by that name mpd would shutdown?
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2007, 10:44 AM   #21
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

mpd's config file needs a tweak. If you set a "state_file" the state of mpd [position in song, playlist etc.] will be safed and can be used next time mpd runs.
This way we would run a "Update Playlist" script once after adding/removing mp3 files, the other times we would run "Continue last playback".
This is working on my iLiad. I shut down [just during playback], in the next reading session I can continue playback just there where it stopped before. Maybe it's time for a new add-on.
I haven't yet search the mpd/mpc manual for a "single track repeat mode". I want this.

Last edited by yokos; 06-04-2007 at 10:45 AM. Reason: non-native English speaker ;-)
Old 06-09-2007, 09:24 AM   #22
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.

add-on 2.0

I have read the man pages of mpd & mpc. ... I think I will update my mpd add-on on Monday.
New features will be:
# single track repeat mode [Yamp! I wanted this.]
# playlist repeat mode
# playlist shuffle mode
# Continue Playback [mpd saves last status. ;-)]

As a sneak preview a screenshot is attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mpd.png
Views:	403
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	3890  
Old 06-11-2007, 10:20 AM   #23
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.

mpd add-on 2.0 with volume control is out.

New features of mpd-add on are:
# volume control
# single track repeat mode [Yamp! I wanted this.]
# playlist repeat mode
# playlist shuffle mode
# Continue Playback [mpd saves last status. ;-)]
I recommend to update.

Readme document in pdf format is included in zip file.

You need Adam B.'s mpd package & my add-on:
mpd for SD/MMC Cards: http://projects.mobileread.com/iliad...mpd/mpdmmc.zip
mpd for Compact Flash (CF) Cards: http://projects.mobileread.com/iliad.../mpd/mpdcf.zip
Attached Files
File Type: zip mpd_add_on_2.0_CF.zip (116.1 KB, 320 views)
File Type: zip mpd_add_on_2.0_MMCSD.zip (116.2 KB, 332 views)

Last edited by yokos; 06-11-2007 at 10:26 AM. Reason: added hyperlinks
Old 06-12-2007, 09:48 AM   #24
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.

mpd add-on 2.1 is out.

Changelog of v.2.1:
I wanted to simplify installation of jukebox. Therefore Adam
B.’s mpd package is included, installation routine is added. tgz
helps to reduce size & number of files. User needs to download
only one file & can use it for all memory cards which
iLiad can read.
-> support of USB-stick/memory card in usb-reader
-> one installation file for all cards, all files which are needed are included in zip file.

[EDIT:] I removed v2.1 because of an installation bug. Please dl patched v2.1.1.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mpd.2.1.1.png
Views:	389
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	3937   Click image for larger version

Name:	mpd.2.1.2.png
Views:	406
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	3938  

Last edited by yokos; 06-14-2007 at 06:45 AM. Reason: I removed buggy v2.1
Old 06-12-2007, 12:46 PM   #25
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Excellent work! The installer is great, and volume control is awesome.

Nice scripting skills Yokos.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:40 PM   #26
realityloop
Enthusiast
realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokos View Post
Changelog of v.2.1:
I wanted to simplify installation of jukebox. Therefore Adam
B.’s mpd package is included, installation routine is added. tgz
helps to reduce size & number of files. User needs to download
only one file & can use it for all memory cards which
iLiad can read.
-> support of USB-stick/memory card in usb-reader
-> one installation file for all cards, all files which are needed are included in zip file.
Is this supposed to be working on 2.10? Installer ran for me but didn't create Music dir to select player functions from. I can't find any way to load mpd..

Got it working now.. had to do most of it manually

Last edited by realityloop; 06-13-2007 at 11:46 PM.
realityloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 05:56 AM   #27
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.

mpd add-on 2.2.1 [installation bug removed]

@ realityloop & all others who have downloaded 2.1 [19 downloads]:
I'm sorry for the problems. Installation script didn't work correctly because it couldn't find the tar archives card.tgz/cf.tgz [with scripts directory & mpd config file]. Other commands in shell script were executed, therefore you got the message "installed" without correct installation.
I have written 2.1 on Tuesday, I installed it on a SD card in USB reader & it worked, 2.1 got online; on Wednesday I run it on my CF & got a shock: it didn't work. After some testing I found the bug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by changelog v2.2.1
I removed a great bug: installation routine didn’t work on CF
& MMC. The crux of the matter was scriptdir=‘/usr/bin/
dirname $0‘ on CF & MMC starts with /media/, but on USB
with /mnt/. The sed command in shell script was not written
for /media/. Ouch!
New version w/o this crucial bug is attached.

Readme document in pdf format is attached, but included in zip file, too.

iLiad Software Wiki. You need the Shell Access Package to run users' applications & scripts.

[EDIT] The new ipdf [fullscreen, powersaving] killed mpd, mpc once. Information which shed light on this curious thing are welcome.
Attached Files
File Type: zip mpd_add_on_2.1.1.zip (1.90 MB, 331 views)
File Type: pdf addonReadme.pdf (91.6 KB, 391 views)

Last edited by yokos; 06-14-2007 at 09:21 AM. Reason: attached pdf file, new ipdf
Old 06-14-2007, 04:07 PM   #28
templario
Connoisseur
templario began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Those of you using the mp3 player can report about how much battery does it take playing mp3?

Thanks
templario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 02:46 AM   #29
realityloop
Enthusiast
realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by templario View Post
Those of you using the mp3 player can report about how much battery does it take playing mp3?

Thanks
It would likely be variable depending on the bitrate of mp3's being played.
realityloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 06:35 AM   #30
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.

I hope that I can upload a new jukebox in the next days. Features of the new version will be:
[x] status message with information about volume/repeat/shuffle
[x] crossfading control
[x] seeking control
[ ] Playlist support [one .m3u for each dir in mp3 directory, all-in-one playlist; import of .m3u files which were generated by user, interactive creating of playlists [search by genre, date, artist]

[x]= finished, stable
[ ]= still some work to do