Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-26-2007, 12:18 PM   #16
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1/REB 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdxf
Another reflection: I personally would like to have the option of "splitting one page into TWO even halves" instead of "splitting into multiple pages with the last page almost blank." If splitting into multiple pages, the last page doesn't utilize the space and will add an extra page turn on the sony reader, which consumes both time and battery. For me, splitting one A5 (which is half A4) size page exactly into two sony reader screen size pages is ideal for reading. Overlap (between the splitted pages) default set at 16pixels is good enough, 25pixels is is a bit much, in terms of spatial efficiency.
Implemented in subversion, should be part of next release.
ashkulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:48 PM   #17
gdxf
Enthusiast
gdxf began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkulz
Please see here for executing PDFRead in batch mode.

About the two even halves: I'll be definitely implementing that for the next release (it's very simple, actually). However, the page width may shrink to keep aspect ratio proper. Would that be OK with you?

If you want, I can send you a private build immediately. I'd prefer to wait a bit and add more features for the next release
Thanks a lot. That's extremely helpful! Please send me a private build. I think the aspect ratio won't shrink much, since I usually only have one or two lines on the thrid page as it currenly stands. I'll let you know if it works perfect after thorough test on the Sony reader. Also I am very interested in your GUI wrapper for Unpaper. I suppose it will allow the fantastic Unpaper to run in Windows to remove black stripes and dirt on the scanned images. Can you post that also? I wish I can use Linux, but I am basically a Windows person.
gdxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2007, 03:00 AM   #18
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdxf
Thanks a lot. That's extremely helpful! Please send me a private build. I think the aspect ratio won't shrink much, since I usually only have one or two lines on the thrid page as it currenly stands. I'll let you know if it works perfect after thorough test on the Sony reader. Also I am very interested in your GUI wrapper for Unpaper. I suppose it will allow the fantastic Unpaper to run in Windows to remove black stripes and dirt on the scanned images. Can you post that also? I wish I can use Linux, but I am basically a Windows person.
Looks like I'll have to release 1.7 in a day or two, there are a few problems when it comes to TOC generation in it. So I hope you can wait till that

About unpaper, there isn't a GUI wrapper as such but it is already integrated into PDFRead 1.6. You'll have to put in the command line options directly in the PDFRead GUI (at the very bottom) and try and see if it looks OK. I'll post some tips on getting good results with unpaper next week, but it's pretty much trial and error, as far as I can see...
Old 04-29-2007, 09:38 AM   #19
kurt_roy
kurt_roy began at the beginning.

font size problem...

thank you for this great software,

firstly, sorry for my poor english :-)

I converted PDFs to LRFs by landscape , and it worked great on S font.
When I set the font to M , some documents can't meet the full line.
(I tried landscape-half also , but same)

Can I use M size font?
kurt_roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 11:28 AM   #20
ashkulz
Addict

When you convert to LRF, you convert it as images. So font size change should not have any effect on the displayed image. When you say "some documents can't meet the full line" do you mean that they extended beyond the screen size? If that is so, then you have to reduce the zoom to S.
Advert