Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-28-2024, 11:11 AM   #16
Lee3
Enthusiast
Lee3 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
If the system databases do not contain personal/sensitive information, can anybody provide me with their database?

I will compare it with mine and try to get this nebo problem solved for myself and the community.
Lee3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2024, 01:59 PM   #17
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee3 View Post
wifi module broken entirely
Not under warranty still?
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2024, 03:33 PM   #18
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
wifi module broken entirely
I'm curious as to how you know it's broken entirely

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2024, 03:52 PM   #19
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
One acquaintance of mine had an issue with the WiFi on their Forma. The antenna seems to be broken so they needed to place the Forma leaning against their wireless router to get enough signal strength to connect. He contacted Kobo just before his warranty expired and they sent him a replacement Forma.

Hmm... the Elipsa 2E was released in April, 2023 so @Lee3's has a good chance of still being in warranty.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2024, 05:16 PM   #20
Lee3
Enthusiast

The direct download links for the known nebo files are below

https://download.kobobooks.com/eread...ition-math.zip
https://download.kobobooks.com/eread...on-diagram.zip
https://download.kobobooks.com/eread...aw-content.zip
https://download.kobobooks.com/eread...text-en_US.zip

Does anybody know the locale string for English UK in the link above n bold ^

Ive tried changing the last part to en_UK, en_EN, en_GB, gb_EN, uk_EN, without luck.

I suspect kobo has a different string for english UK
Advert
Old 05-28-2024, 05:22 PM   #21
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't think there is an English UK in that sense for Kobo.

Anyway, some process communicating on WiFi to a server unpacks those and does stuff, because simply copying the installed files from a working Sage to a new one (the WiFi was working but remote was timing out) did nothing at all.a
Old 05-28-2024, 05:22 PM   #22
Lee3
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Because its never been able to detect any wifi or bluetooth, despite there being 15+ in range of all other devices.

the bluetooth slider also never activates at all.

the chip is likely faulty.

it never bothered me because I sideload anyway
Old 05-28-2024, 05:23 PM   #23
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Indeed, enquiring minds and all that.
Old 05-28-2024, 05:24 PM   #24
Lee3
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
I don't think there is an English UK in that sense for Kobo.

Anyway, some process communicating on WiFi to a server unpacks those and does stuff, because simply copying the installed files from a working Sage to a new one (the WiFi was working but remote was timing out) did nothing at all.a
There maybe a database entry along the lines off NeboActivated=Yes/No, required
Old 05-28-2024, 05:30 PM   #25
Lee3
Enthusiast

Interestingly enough there exists a v2 version to download for all the links, will test these to see if provides any differences.

https://download.kobobooks.com/ereader/iink/v2/myscript-iink-recognition-math.zip
https://download.kobobooks.com/ereader/iink/v2/myscript-iink-recognition-diagram.zip
https://download.kobobooks.com/ereader/iink/v2/myscript-iink-recognition-raw-content.zip
https://download.kobobooks.com/ereader/iink/v2/myscript-iink-recognition-text-en_US.zip

They are also different filesizes to the v1
Old 05-28-2024, 05:34 PM   #26
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Quote:
There maybe a database entry along the lines off NeboActivated=Yes/No, required
It's more complicated than that.
Old 05-28-2024, 06:45 PM   #27
shyhermit
Connoisseur
shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: none
Very cool discovery, Lee3. Too bad you don't have a way to test them.

Given your tech savvy, do you have physical access to a working Sage or Libra Colour or Elipsa? If so, you can then do the comparison yourself to see the whole difference. As suggested by previous posters, some of the differences may be made by the OTA (over-the-air update) in the hidden partitions. If such is the case, how do you plan to duplicate the changes?

Quote:
Interestingly enough there exists a v2 version to download for all the links, will test these to see if provides any differences.

https://download.kobobooks.com/ereader/iink/v2/myscript-iink-recognition-math.zip
https://download.kobobooks.com/ereader/iink/v2/myscript-iink-recognition-diagram.zip
https://download.kobobooks.com/ereader/iink/v2/myscript-iink-recognition-raw-content.zip
https://download.kobobooks.com/ereader/iink/v2/myscript-iink-recognition-text-en_US.zip

They are also different filesizes to the v1
shyhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2024, 08:34 PM   #28
Lee3
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyhermit View Post
As suggested by previous posters, some of the differences may be made by the OTA (over-the-air update) in the hidden partitions. If such is the case, how do you plan to duplicate the changes?
I do have an elipse 2e, that im currently experimenting with as I need to bypass the sync required msg.

As for the OTA update changing hidden partitions, I havnt came across any info on that, only that it makes some database changes, can you link me to where you read it alters hidden partitions? or are you just theorizing?
Old 05-28-2024, 08:42 PM   #29
Lee3
Enthusiast

Ok, I have tried unzipping the four v2 files above into my .kobo/iink/ directories, but still the Sync Required message persists.
Ive also tried leaving the four files in their .zip format, same result.

Moving onto Database stuff.

My elipse 2e contains a file KoboReader.sqllite,
Opening this file with a database browser(https://sqlitebrowser.org/)
I see there is a Table with 33 entries.

Inside the User entry the following fields look like they could be relevant.

NotebookSyncTime
NotebookSyncToken

SyncContinuationToken
SyncTokenAppVersion

AnnotationSyncToken

My entries for NotebookSyncTime and NotebookSyncToken are both NULL

If somebody has two devices, one with sync required, one not, they could test adding the tokentime and token to the appropriate fields and report back.

Or, if you want to send me your datetime and token via PM I can try it in mine.

A side Note
User Quoth stated he succesfully copied files+Database from one kobo to another and it worked.
This implies the tokens are not based on the Unique serial of each device(or if they are, its not verified)

Last edited by Lee3; 05-28-2024 at 08:45 PM.
Old 05-28-2024, 08:57 PM   #30
Lee3
Enthusiast

Does anybody know a list of kobo devces that have this notepad app and sync capabilities?
I can look into buying a broken one online, this will give me access to the required database.