Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-06-2010, 05:06 PM   #16
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Aw, damned international restictions
This doesn't happen with pbooks! Someone can just hand you a copy..
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:17 PM   #17
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
Aw, damned international restictions
This doesn't happen with pbooks! Someone can just hand you a copy..
If they make it across the border

I managed to grab up a copy of the book (thanks Kate!) through proxy and made my own PDF of it with real footnotes.

I won't share cuz sharing is wrong.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2010, 05:27 PM   #18
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDBoblo View Post
If they make it across the border
Luckily in this digital age there's this thing called the 'internet'.. makes passing data over borders a doddle
Quote:
I managed to grab up a copy of the book (thanks Kate!) through proxy and made my own PDF of it with real footnotes.

I won't share cuz sharing is wrong.
Goodonya, break DRM but don't share... Of course sharing is wrong.
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:37 PM   #19
mediax
Readaholic
mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2 (previously 505 and 650)
Is it just my warped sense of humour, but doesn't reading

Quote:
This content is not available internationally.

Unfortunately, this content is only available in select countries, and we do not currently have the rights to offer this content for browsing or purchasing in United Kingdom. For more information on our geographic availability, please click here.
immediately beneath a logo with the tag line

Quote:
eReading: anytime. anyplace
sound like something out of Brave New World?
mediax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:32 PM   #20
RootlessAgrarian
Enthusiast
RootlessAgrarian is on a distinguished road

Device: HANLIN V3
Is Kobo really offering the file or just a link?

Quote:
Downloading the file? Not especially. I didn't want to download ADE though.

Not too big a deal since the book was free...now I just have to convert it to something more readable.

I passed the good news on to a buddy Stateside who tried the download and he said (he's not too computer literate alas) that he got a copy of ADE and a tiny (4K?) link, not a real epub file. Did anyone get a real epub file and if so, how?
RootlessAgrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2010, 01:37 PM   #21
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
It works like this with all epub files. You actually download a small acsm file, which is read by adobe digital editions. Adobe Digital Editions then download the epub itself, and open it. You can find it in <your username>/documents/my digital editions, if you are running windows. However I presume it will be drm'd, and unless you authorize your friend's computer with you own ade id, you won't be able to read it without removing the drm first.
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 05:45 AM   #22
antistar
Connoisseur
antistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: PRS-500, dr800sg, prs-950, MS SP3, Boox i86ML, Sony Z3TC, KV, Sony RP1
Well...hidemyass isn't working, but associated site http://www.unblocked.org/ is . Just successfully registered and downloaded Unseen Academicals. File got de-drmed successfully. Was so pleased that I bought another book right away, taking advantage of the 20% discount they are currently running. Hope posting this won't get the unblock site blocked XD
antistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:27 PM   #23
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
I managed to get it via Ultrasurf. ADE gave an error message (probably could not reach the server), but the book was already downloaded. So, when Ultrasurf was closed and ADE reopened, the server could be reached and I got the book.

Phew, the things you have to do... Unfortunately some sites do not accepts credit cards from outside the US.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:55 PM   #24
ozron
Groupie
ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, iPad, iPhone
Well I tried all the proxies you've mentioned, and none of them worked for me. Just tried it again with Hotspot Shield on my Mac, and it worked! Downloaded twice, once in ADE and once in Sony's Reader Library. Will be able to read this on my PRS-505 now. Many thanks!
ozron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:18 AM   #25
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Thanks for the link! I did not know about Kobo and am glad to have found it!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:08 AM   #26
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Holy crap, the book went back up to $15.59! The cheapest places according to Inkmesh are Amazon, Sony Reader Store, and Barnes and Noble (all three confirmed at $9.99).
Acreo Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote