Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-30-2010, 05:12 PM   #16
voracious71
Addict
voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle PW4, Kobo Clara
Grape ape, I hear your frustration. I have told by Kobo CS that I am due a refund. I ordered mine through the site and am well within the window to return..was given a return number etc. Nothing but problems. Kobo CS is a joke and the ereader is mediocre.

You'll enjoy your Kindle..Amazon CS rocks.
voracious71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:09 PM   #17
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapeape View Post
Where do people shop that do not allow the return of opened electronics? I mean I can return a TV to Futureshop, I can return a cell phone to Rogers, I can return a laptop to Dell, etc... How the bloody hell does someone evaluate a product they cannot touch first? You assume I tore open the package and made it look opened, but I am as careful as you at protecting the packaging. As for research - it was a gift received by my mother - how much research can one do when it's a gift?
A lot of electronics are starting to be packaged in that sealed plastic sh*t for that very reason: because if they are opened, they cannot be returned in their 'original' packaging/condition. It's a 'loss' for the organization if something is not re-sellable and sometimes they want to prevent returns for opened merchandise.

You'll find very LARGE retailers (like Walmart, Future Shop, Costco, Zellers, etc) are not too fussy about these things, but as soon as you go to a smaller outfit, they get all picky about returning something that has been opened. Chapters is a large retailer, but because Kobo is not - I think that's the issue (this is Kobo's rule for being able to re-sell them and not take a 'hit' on what's been opened/used).

Anyway, just my 0.02. I think, as consumers, we need to take these types of things into consideration when making purchase decisions.
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2010, 07:15 PM   #18
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapeape View Post
While I appreciate the reply, sorry doesn't help much when I am stuck with a $170 gift card. Perhaps your return policy needs clarified at the store level with the folks that handle the returns. As for using gift cards to buy Kobo books - how many less of these things do you think would be sold if the fact that you cannot use Chapters gift cards to buy the books?

I look forward to Amazon's Kindle arriving.
I do agree that the return policy is not very clear and the people in the store are not educated on their policy (or even on the Kobos themselves).

On a brighter note, you CAN now buy Kobo epubs with Chapters gift cards now. There's quite a bit of stuff on the Chapters website (DVDs, games, toys). If it's that useless to you, maybe you can 'separate' your gift card into smaller gift cards and hand them out as Christmas gifts to people that may find good use for them?
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:00 PM   #19
MikeLC
Chapter/Indigo Employee
MikeLC began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo iPhone, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch Ereader
You can find some info about our return policy on Kobos via our in-store kiosks, it states a 30 day return policy and we've even had customers come in with Original Kobos and gotten an upgrade for the price difference for the new Wifi Kobo.

If you have any issues with a return for a Kobo within the 30 day return policy on undamaged and with original boxing and receipt, I would recommend asking to speak to the store manager.
MikeLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:20 PM   #20
twokobos
twokobos began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I returned my first Kobo after a week because the battery wouldn't stay charged. The Chapters clerk simply asked if I wanted a replacement or refund. I went for a replacement & that was that. But the was certainly no issue on the concept of returning it.

Another clerk said she used to work at Best Buy & they recommend that although electronic instructions don't always say so, that I'd be best to leave it a full day, which I did. I've had no battery issues since.
twokobos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert