Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-14-2010, 09:38 AM   #16
tbruin3235
tbruin3235 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Calibre book cover doesn't transfer to Kindle

My problem with trying to change the cover in Calibre is that unless I actually convert the book first, then send the converted book to my Kindle, the cover doesn't change when I use Calibre to upload the book to my Kindle (the original cover is the only one there).

Is there another trick I'm missing here?

Last edited by tbruin3235; 09-14-2010 at 09:41 AM.
tbruin3235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:16 AM   #17
longhair
longhair began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jangell2 View Post
I tried the page back and yes, there was a toc and a non-generic cover. My personal preference would be for it to open to the cover.
I like that when you open the book you're opening the book... i.e. you skip the cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jangell2 View Post
I do not like the implementation of seeing a description. It takes you online. Surely there's a description in the metadata. Let me see that.
I agree; I want to avoid having the radios on as much as possible. I'd like to see the cover and metadata in the home screens. Or perhaps the home screen is like viewing the book spines, and the click-right is pulling the book out to see the cover: in which case, as well as the action items, I'd really like to also see the metadata.

I wonder if Amazon are likely to improve the home screens as a future software update?
longhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
covers