Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Thriller, Suspense, & Crime novel shall we read for August’s discussion?
All the Missing Girls by Megan Miranda 6 28.57%
Carved in Bone (Body Farm Book 1) by Jefferson Bass 7 33.33%
The Boy In The Suitcase (Nina Borg #1) by Lene Kaaberbøl, Agnete Friis 3 14.29%
Fast One by Paul Cain 3 14.29%
Open Season by C.J. Box 4 19.05%
Final Jeopardy by Linda Fairstein 4 19.05%
The Day Of The Jackal by Frederick Forsyth 11 52.38%
They Don't Dance Much by James Ross 1 4.76%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-01-2016, 04:04 AM   #16
din155
Guru
din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Win 10 thinkpad 8in
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Well, that's certainly one reason I voted for it. I might even have read it 40 years ago, but if so, I completely don't remember it. And at that point in my life, I read even more than I do today, and with a good deal less discrimination. But this looks like a book I'll enjoy, it's only moderately long, it was readily available in my library so it won't cost me anything, and there's even a good audio version. All important boxes to tick for me. Plus we'll be able to discuss how well it's stood the test of time.
Yes same for me. Nothing wrong in reading one of the long standing books in tbr
din155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 04:50 AM   #17
peterwardgd
Addict
peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura
Well that ended up a bit vanilla. Its a decent read from memory but i expected something a little more off the radar to win, oh well.
peterwardgd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2016, 12:19 PM   #18
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
What's interesting is how big the margin is this time. We weren't particularly short of voters, but the result was really never in question. We've had mostly very close contests this year, with at least a couple going to runoffs. But even though this is "vanilla", obviously enough of us thought it we wanted to read it. Personally, I'm looking forward to it. I might even rent the movie. But after I read it.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 11:52 PM   #19
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
I might even rent the movie.
There are two movies, one with Edward Fox and a more recent one with Bruce Willis and Richard Gere.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 12:28 AM   #20
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Shows how much I knew.
I'll probably go for the original.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2016, 09:02 AM   #21
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I ordered a used paper book from B&N. The shipping cost was twice that of the book.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 11:00 AM   #22
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I ordered a used paper book from B&N. The shipping cost was twice that of the book.
I bought a paperback from Amazon's website once for one cent. The shipping was 400 times the price.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 12:20 PM   #23
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
I bought a paperback from Amazon's website once for one cent. The shipping was 400 times the price.
That sounds about right. The B&N paperback was $2, the shipping $4.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote