Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-13-2009, 08:12 AM   #16
skytalon
skytalon began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
Well, shoot. I never thought I wanted a skin until I saw this one ... now I'm reconsidering my position. That really is quite lovely.
Me too!
skytalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:52 AM   #17
CribQuilter
Enthusiast
CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505
This skin, is it meant to protect the device or just for art? Does it harm the device if you have to remove it? DOes it tear or pull away? I love the idea of being able to "personalize" my reader, but do not want to possibly ruin it by making it all sticky
CribQuilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2009, 11:53 AM   #18
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by CribQuilter View Post
This skin, is it meant to protect the device or just for art? Does it harm the device if you have to remove it? DOes it tear or pull away? I love the idea of being able to "personalize" my reader, but do not want to possibly ruin it by making it all sticky
It's just for art and personalization. It doesn't hurt the Kindle and is not permanently affixed to it. It removes very easily.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:17 PM   #19
KindleKat
Connoisseur
KindleKat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by CribQuilter View Post
I dont think you have to worry about ruining it, the skins are made with interchangeability in mind.
KindleKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 06:14 PM   #20
CRoss
Bibliophile
CRoss began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I never thought I wanted a skin for my electronics until I saw some of the beautiful ones available at Decalgirl and elsewhere. Thanks for sharing yours!
CRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2009, 06:22 PM   #21
deety
book geek
deety began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
This is very, very cool. I don't like a lot of the premade skin designs that I've seen, but the idea of making my own is exciting!
deety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:08 PM   #22
Jaie
Connoisseur
Jaie began at the beginning.

Device: JetBook, Aspire One Netbook (UMPC)
It looks great, almost reconciles me to the idea of having one of these things. I think I may stick with DG though, they've done my other skins and I'm used to them
Jaie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:55 AM   #23
KimmyA
KimmyA began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
You can just send them any picture and they'll make a skin? That's pretty neat. I haven't found many others that I like but if I could make my own, that would be awesome.
KimmyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:33 PM   #24
Numinous
Numinous doesn't litterNuminous doesn't litterNuminous doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2 iPhone Kindle Ap
I played around for about ten minutes at Tego and this is what I came up with:
Click image for larger version

Name:	FacePreview.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	24174 Click image for larger version

Name:	FacePreviewBack.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	24175
Don't know if I'll go for it or not. Any comments?

Numi
Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:52 PM   #25
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
Thats pretty cool. Abstract art!
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:41 AM   #26
Panjo
Panjo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyA View Post
You can just send them any picture and they'll make a skin? That's pretty neat. I haven't found many others that I like but if I could make my own, that would be awesome.
Yep! Or you can choose from their art, like I did. You can zoom in and out of your picture, move it to the side, etc to find what shows off your picture better.

Oh, and I don't find it distracting, actually. I thought it might, and find it almost like a frame.... it welcomes me into my book!
Panjo is offline   Reply With Quote