Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-03-2024, 10:20 AM   #16
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
FWIW
I usually test my instructions
In the rare cases that I do not have the needed structure, I will preface those instructions/
Not Tested
That is a clue to be religious about possible risky procedures (BACK IT UP ...just in case)

We do not tolerate deliberate destructive procedures being posted .
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2024, 10:31 AM   #17
fogice
Groupie
fogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Libra 2
DO NOT PAY ATTENTION TO THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPHS. I swear I had read this, but it turns out to be bad information.

-------
I think it is easier than DNSB is mentioning.

Go to the browser on the left column, open the Formats group, and right-click on MOBI. One of the options there is "Remove the MOBI format from selected books" (of course, the format changes if you select a different format).

I am 95% sure that this will NOT remove the format IF MOBI is the only available format of the group, but I can't find that reference at the moment.

Last edited by fogice; 06-04-2024 at 03:22 PM. Reason: sorry!
fogice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2024, 10:36 AM   #18
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fogice View Post

Go to the browser on the left column, open the Formats group, and right-click on MOBI. One of the options there is "Remove the MOBI format from selected books" (of course, the format changes if you select a different format).

I am 95% sure that this will NOT remove the format IF MOBI is the only available format of the group, but I can't find that reference at the moment.
I think it's better you not to risk his hand, as I don't believe if you choose that option calibre checks if there are more formats (there are more than one option to remove formats and I think this is not the one that checks anything).
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2024, 10:40 AM   #19
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
I just tried it. Calibre deletes the format even if it is the only format in the book.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2024, 11:12 AM   #20
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

NO NO NO
Without the specific SEARCH results selected, That deletes ALL Mobi, not just those that also have EPUB
Advert
Old 06-03-2024, 11:15 AM   #21
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Perhaps just search on formats:EPUB, select all, remove files of a specific format from selected books and select Mobi then okay.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 03:03 AM   #22
MRM66
Zealot
MRM66 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara Colour. Samsung A8 Tab. Samsung A7 Tab.Kindle 2.
Question

Hi Was just about to attempt to remove the mobis as was first suggested
But now read the latest posts and don't know what to do!
MRM66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 03:06 AM   #23
MRM66
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Personally, I would do a search for all books in both epub and mobi formats (the formats:EPUB and formats:mobi search suggested by @theducks). Once the search has finished, select all the books, right-click, go down to the Remove books menu item and hover until the sub-menu pops open. From the sub-menu, click on Remove files of a specific format from selected books. From the pop-up, double check that the count for ePub and mobi are the same, hightlight mobi and click OK. This will remove all the mobi books where the same book exists in ePub format.
I was planning on doing this
Printed it out ready so dont get confused lol
So can I not do that now?..................

Had a think & decided to try it
Did as Ducks & DNSB suggested and it took 2 mins.
It worked!
All mobis gone!

Last edited by MRM66; 06-04-2024 at 03:30 AM.
Old 06-04-2024, 10:25 AM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Once the search is done, would it not work with set a virtual library with the results and delete form there?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 10:48 AM   #25
MRM66
Zealot

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRM66 View Post
I

Had a think & decided to try it
Did as Ducks & DNSB suggested and it took 2 mins.
It worked!
All mobis gone!

AZW3 2685
ORIG AZW3 13
ORIG EPUB 1524
ORIG MOBI 73
PDF 14
So now do I
do the same thing with the other files ? Am on a roll now lol
Old 06-04-2024, 10:55 AM   #26
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Once the search is done, would it not work with set a virtual library with the results and delete form there?
Yes... BUT
You must create a VL from the search.

This is normally in the category of: a One time event, so KISS
Both the status line and the Tag browsers show numbers of how many books are involved.
(I like dealing with small numbers )
Old 06-04-2024, 10:59 AM   #27
MRM66
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Yes... BUT
You must create a VL from the search.

This is normally in the category of: a One time event, so KISS
Both the status line and the Tag browsers show numbers of how many books are involved.
(I like dealing with small numbers )
Sorry don't understand?
Question I meant is can any of the other book files be deleted in the same way as I have just done the mobis?
Or do I need them all?

Don't know what a virtual library is
Old 06-04-2024, 11:05 AM   #28
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:

Don't know what a virtual library is
Another reason to not use one for purposes that remove items
Old 06-04-2024, 11:08 AM   #29
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Sorry don't understand?
Question I meant is can any of the other book files be deleted in the same way as I have just done the mobis?
Or do I need them all?
Only you can decide. Some of them are there for a specific purpose. You may never need it, but then...

Again... WHY if you don't need the space?
Old 06-04-2024, 11:10 AM   #30
MRM66
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Another reason to not use one for purposes that remove items
Sounds handy for finding all my James Patterson Books
But will learn about that later maybe.

So now I have got rid of all the mobis yippee logo I need to remove all the other formats in my list also?
In the same way as done. Or just ignore them.now?