Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 09-14-2021, 04:47 PM   #16
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Anyway, it's definitely not common to empty more than a few percent per day though regular reading, but the precise scenario you described (i.e., down from 100-80 in a couple of days) is a bit of a special case on many devices.

Do you use a sleep cover?
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2024, 06:10 PM   #17
Ciantic
Ciantic began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara BW
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
We don't suspend while reading. Nickel does. There's (part of) your page-turn speed trade-off .

(I am somewhat vehemently *against* implementing something like that, because I *like* that behavior. That said, the framework is there, because it's implemented on PocketBook. This is possibly a fairly deep rabbit hole with a lot of potentially bad interactions, though, but patches welcome ).
If I'm reading this correctly it would affect battery life only while reading. I'm interested in figuring out how to implement "suspend while reading" because to me changing pages need not be quick, all I care about is battery life.

There are conflicting threads here, some accusing Koreader of wasting battery while in sleep, which is another issue altogether. It could be just some hardware quirk sometimes when sleep fails to turn off something.

I have Kobo Clara BW and I suspect Koreader does use more battery than Nickel... however, there is no going back to Nickel it's so bad UX-wise. Koreader is the only choice!
Ciantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2024, 07:30 PM   #18
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciantic View Post
I'm interested in figuring out how to implement "suspend while reading"
IIRC, this is already implemented with the "Auto power save" plugin.
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2024, 05:55 AM   #19
Ciantic
Ciantic began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara BW
Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
IIRC, this is already implemented with the "Auto power save" plugin.

Setting was turned off by default, but the plugin was enabled by default.

Anyone else wandering here years later, here is how to enable it:

Go to Gear icon -> Device -> Autostandby timeout (set this value)

If it's not visible you might need to go to:

Wrench/Screwdriver icon -> Page 2 -> More tools -> Plugin management and make sure "Auto power save" plugin is enabled
Ciantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2024, 06:39 AM   #20
strangelove42
strangelove42 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I'm at about 4% battery use while reading. No standby timeout. Full screen refresh every 3 pages.
strangelove42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2024, 10:30 AM   #21
Ebookus
Digital Grenadier
Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle
It would be interesting to see how much time of actual use you all get from one charge. I am getting about 10-12 hours on kindle
Ebookus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery drain, kobo clara, koreader