Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-28-2016, 10:45 PM   #16
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yeah, I would imagine so. On my linux machines, with Qt 5.7.0 no scaling happens on non-high DPI displays. Indeed, since I do not posses a high dpi display I had to do all the work for enabling high dpi support in calibre by forcing high DPI mode with a normal monitor on an OS X machine I have. That is also why I have not made it part of the official binaries, as it needs beta testing, which will happen as part of the beta testing for 3.0.

I'd guess there is something somewhere in your graphics stack X server/graphics driver/Qt that is broken.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 05:32 AM   #17
Silex
Silex began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by dendron View Post
(...)
As the comments in __init__.py already suggest, it would probably be best to create an option in the preferences to control the DPI scaling.

Keep up the good work, Kovid!
I had the same problem, after installing Calibre, as I changed from Elementary Loki to Elementary Juno.
It seems Calibre has added this option now. I have Calibre 3.38.1 and in this version I found the option dendron is talking about in the Main look and feel preferences. I switched "automatic" to "off", and everything is OK.
Silex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert