Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-27-2012, 05:56 AM   #16
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
24 days with no problems.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:27 AM   #17
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Havent played with a PW yet, but watching this a few days ago:
EEVBlog : PW Teardown

I'd think that tapping or uneven pressure on the surface could lead to the layer bending locally, which could result in differences in the refractive quality and perhaps that pink bleed that has been commented on. As well as the obvious light/dark spots.

Pretty interesting that there's also a magnetic switch on there too, new covers?
Serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2012, 08:41 AM   #18
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Since the Kobo Glo doesn't appear to be showing the same problem with discolouration, doesn't that suggest that it's not the light guide but the capacitive layer that's the more likely cause of the issue (the Kobo still uses the infra red touch tech that the previous Kindle used)?
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:49 AM   #19
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: One of each, and two in some cases
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
Since the Kobo Glo doesn't appear to be showing the same problem with discolouration, doesn't that suggest that it's not the light guide but the capacitive layer that's the more likely cause of the issue (the Kobo still uses the infra red touch tech that the previous Kindle used)?
That's what I'm hoping, anyway. My Kobo Glo is on its way from the West Coast of Canada to the East Coast of the US right now, so I can't test the theory right away.
NNolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:22 AM   #20
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
I have found if I leave it on full scale bright for about 15 minutes, than turn it down than back up, the spots reappear.. sheesh.. maybe my mind is playing tricks on me.. oh, where in U.S. can one buy a KoBo Glo? I would like to try one..
Thanks,
Doug
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2012, 11:13 AM   #21
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: One of each, and two in some cases
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoug View Post
oh, where in U.S. can one buy a KoBo Glo? I would like to try one..
Check with your local independent book stores; some of them are supposed to be getting them within the next few weeks. They're also listed on the Best Buy web site, but only in "Coming Soon" status right now.
NNolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:36 AM   #22
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NNolan View Post
Check with your local independent book stores; some of them are supposed to be getting them within the next few weeks. They're also listed on the Best Buy web site, but only in "Coming Soon" status right now.
Yes, I will try to order one.. I bet they are OK.. or better than OK.. hoping so.. anxious to hear your comparison between the two..
Old 10-27-2012, 02:11 PM   #23
ahintz
Zealot
ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle PW/iPhone5/iPad (3)/Nook ST
I've had my PW for about a week now. So far, no changes that I have noticed. Probably read about 15 hours on it so far.
ahintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:30 PM   #24
MrDoug
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahintz View Post
I've had my PW for about a week now. So far, no changes that I have noticed. Probably read about 15 hours on it so far.
Does yours have any signs of the Cancer cells?
Old 10-30-2012, 10:17 AM   #25
dgdsp123
dgdsp123 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4, Kindle PW
Iv noticed shades of pink and green come and go on my screen and I've had mine for almost 2 weeks. My guess is that it has something to do with either the temperature or the humidity.
dgdsp123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2024, 08:40 PM   #26
AuroraUplinks
AuroraUplinks began at the beginning.

Device: Paper
did anyone restart it? no i didnt read it. yes i know its a old thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binko View Post
I've had my Paperwhite for almost a month now. I use it for one to three hours a day.

Has anybody else seen a noticeable change in their Paperwhite screen since they first bought it?
I was deeply concerned and googled this too as i noticed motlyness.

Then while searching this, i had the idea to restart it out of curiosity. forcing the button to reset it after awhile, and it looks great again.

Maybe it just needs to fully turn off the screen or restart the device?

Of course the thread is from 2012... so its sort of a moot point. its now 2024 loool. i assume this has alraedy been fixed. soo... sorry for the necro post.

have a good day.
AuroraUplinks is offline   Reply With Quote