Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 08-22-2015, 09:38 AM   #16
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
Note that for the new "Emoji" stuff the release notes say: "The colon-separated names are handled specially by AutoCorrect feature of LibreOffice: they are replaced immediately within words, too (no need to press space after words)."

Since I don't use v5 yet I can't confirm, but it might be useful. I've only ever done a few macros with OO/LO - they do seem like a lot more hard work than they should be.

ETA: I touch-type, something I was taught at high school - and all us boys said "Erk! That's girls stuff." but it's turned out to be one of the more useful things I got from high school. The point being that I tend not to rely on autocorrect a whole lot, and bits of it I turn off as annoying and distracting. However, if you like that sort of stuff you might find it worth your while wading through the big collection of add-ons and pre-written macros etc.. (Don't forget that many of the old OpenOffice macros will work too.) If nothing else the pre-written macros can make useful examples.
I do not use macros at all and I too touch type. I am 67 years old and I taught myself to type in the 6 grade, I am left handed and never was able to even read my own writing. So I learned to type so the teachers could read my homework. Back then it was on the old manual type writers.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 06:28 PM   #17
kalwisti
Enthusiast
kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
Edited to amend the version. I'm actually using 5, not 4.4!
First, I apologize for being unable to offer any concrete solutions/suggestions, since I'm still using LO 4.3.3.2 on Debian Stable (Jessie) and don't plan on upgrading. I also don't mean to imply that Pinkie is doing anything wrong by using ver. 5; it sounds like s/he needs the "latest and greatest" features because of the type of writing involved.

I would just like to point out that ver. 5 is currently the "Fresh" version of LO; "Fresh" means that it is closer to a 'development' version and therefore isn't as stable as the "Still" version.

I don't know when LO adopted this terminology, but I personally find it confusing. There's an explanation of the terms here:

https://ask.libreoffice.org/en/quest...resh-or-still/
"Fresh or Still?" Posted 11 Aug. 2014.
kalwisti is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
libre office, scrivener, softmaker