Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-23-2010, 07:31 PM   #16
cicsos2
Enthusiast
cicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to behold

Device: kindle Kbd, Fire(N2A), & 8.9
Get a copy of The Book by M. Clifford -

Would make a very interesting "first read".
cicsos2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 07:59 PM   #17
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomF View Post
My wife was so keen on reports of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo that I got it for her. She was sadly disappointed. She felt it certainly did not live up to all the hype.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2010, 08:00 PM   #18
TomF
Kindle Enthusiast
TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3G Graphite, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by cicsos2 View Post
Get a copy of The Book by M. Clifford -

Would make a very interesting "first read".
Based on the reviews and the low price, I've got this one on my "To Be Read" list. It sounds interesting.
TomF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:03 PM   #19
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Kindle 3 BEST for Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimblem View Post
Do you take your Kindle with you to church. I brought mine with me this but I didn't pull it out cause I was scared I would get judging looks . I know that people in church aren't suppose to judge you and all that but.... in reality it happens.

I use a NowBible now to take to Church. However, I expect to replace it with the Kindle 3. Amazon sells many Bibles with DVJ (Direct Verse Jump). The NET is one with 61,000 footnotes also with DVJ (the $ 5.99 one, not the $ 0.99 one).

I expect the Kindle 3 to be more readable than the NowBible and easier to find verses fast. The NowBible requires a stylus to punch the verse numbers. The Kindle 3 keyboard will be better.

See this link: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=59871&page=6

Last edited by sirmaru; 08-23-2010 at 08:06 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:33 PM   #20
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomF View Post
Well, if you're a Stephen King fan I'd suggest UR, a Stephen King novella about a special Pink Kindle (K2) that has a mysterious "UR Function" on it....
I have one of those pink Kindles. I'm planning to read the 7th installment of Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's series on it next.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2010, 08:39 PM   #21
superstitious
Addict
superstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the rough

Device: K3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanghaichica View Post
The passage, because it is so expensive in all the other stores I've held off buying it for my sony.
Bought mine with a dollar off at Kobo. It's very long though. I'm only 1/4 way through.

Back to the thread, I am a young adult fan, so third book in the Hunger Games series, Mockingjay will be my first on my new toy. I can't wait.
superstitious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:43 PM   #22
Row
Row began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
My first downloads where books that were really big and heavy. The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo, ... Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest and ... Played with Fire are all big and I couldn't put my new toy down! I vote the Millennium trilogy!
Row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:51 PM   #23
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
This thread got me thinking. The first eBook I ever read was Dune by Frank Herbert. Maybe I'll give it another read through.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:18 AM   #24
Shibito
Shibito began at the beginning.

Device: none
White Noise by Don DeLillo. I've been looking for this book in my local libraries for a year now. It is never available. I could have bought it online, but I decided to wait and purchase the overpriced e-book ($12 on Amazon) to commemorate the purchase of my first ever e-book reader.
Shibito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 03:53 AM   #25
grizedale
kindle Convert
grizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toys

Device: kindle Scribe
1. Reread of The Stand (Complete) by Stephen King
2.The Complete Reginald Perrin by David Nobbs
3 The Evolutionary Void (The final part of the Void Trilogy) by Peter F Hamilton - I may even load up the previous 2 and reread from the beginning

Depends on the mood I am in when it arrives...throught the excitement that is
grizedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:59 AM   #26
Bratzzo
Addict
Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I have one of those pink Kindles. I'm planning to read the 7th installment of Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's series on it next.
I am also want to begin with the Hitchhiker. But with the first part.
By the way, I only heard about 6 parts. Which one is the 7th part?

Bratzzo
Bratzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:18 AM   #27
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratzzo View Post
Hi,

I am also want to begin with the Hitchhiker. But with the first part.
By the way, I only heard about 6 parts. Which one is the 7th part?

Bratzzo
It's only available if you have a pink K2 with the UR function. For everyone else, Adams died in 2001. If you have the pink Kindle with the UR function, he's still alive and writing sequels.

See TomF's post (the 2nd post in this thread).

BTW, I suppose you already know this, but the 6th book, And Another Thing…, was written by Eoin Colfer. I thought it was OK, but Adams was better.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 08-24-2010 at 11:42 AM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:41 AM   #28
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
I haven't decided. Probably a Lance Armstrong book of some sort, maybe the second autobiography. Or hell, even the first, probably my favorite or second favorite book ever.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:14 PM   #29
hdsport82
hdsport82 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Graphite Wi-Fi
1. Stalin: A Biography by Robert Service
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...=docs-os-doi_0

2. Son of Hamas by Mosab Hassan Yousef
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Son-of-Hamas...2673456&sr=1-1

3. Fallen Angel: The Passion of Fausto Coppi by William Fotherington
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fallen-Angel...=23UUPF3OYACX5

Three books I've been holding off buying/reading now with my K3 imminent and some Amazon gift certificates to use no excuse not to buy them Think I'll read them in that order but might change my mind by the time it arrives!!

Last edited by hdsport82; 08-24-2010 at 02:19 PM.
hdsport82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:32 PM   #30
nachtxeule
Enthusiast
nachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it is

Device: Kindle 3.
i'm going to give "choke" a try, glad kindle offers free chapters!
nachtxeule is offline   Reply With Quote