Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 02-15-2010, 12:12 AM   #16
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lester View Post
No, nothing you need to do. One of the fun things I got to do for the 1.7 releases was to shift to a package based installer for Mac, that by default installs the Adobe Digital Edition app in you Applications folder. Subsquent installs will overwrite this application for you. (no need to look in odd places for the application - much more Mac like).
Thanks Jim, you are mighty helpful.

Now do you help with Ipod Nano audiobooks that won't play but a chapter at a time? LOL. You would be surprised how Nano and audiobooks don't play well together. I have googled and googled and nobody seems to have this problem.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:05 AM   #17
igsy
igsy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Hi Guys,

Sorry to jump in here --- I have just upgraded from ADE 1.7.1 to 1.7.2 on My Mac.
However, when I check on the details of the new installation it still shows as

Any thoughts would be very welcome.
igsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2010, 08:15 PM   #18
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
Thanks Jim, you are mighty helpful.

Now do you help with Ipod Nano audiobooks that won't play but a chapter at a time? LOL. You would be surprised how Nano and audiobooks don't play well together. I have googled and googled and nobody seems to have this problem.
Sorry, Adobe and Apple are unfortunately not playing well together these days So my knowledge of Apple and Apple's DRM schemes are strictly limited to being a user, and I'm a very light iTMS user, and gave up my iPhone for a Droid.
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:37 AM   #19
new
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lester View Post
Sorry, Adobe and Apple are unfortunately not playing well together these days So my knowledge of Apple and Apple's DRM schemes are strictly limited to being a user, and I'm a very light iTMS user, and gave up my iPhone for a Droid.
Your last sentence lost me. iTMS what is that. What is a Droid? I just googled Droid, they keep coming up with new toys don't they?

I found out why my Ipod Nano wouldn't play the audiobook in it's entirety; I had it set to shuffle! So my audiobooks are playing fine now that I turned shuffle off.

Technology can be smarter than I like sometimes.

Last edited by new; 02-17-2010 at 01:46 AM.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:39 AM   #20
new

Quote:
Originally Posted by igsy View Post
Hi Guys,

Sorry to jump in here --- I have just upgraded from ADE 1.7.1 to 1.7.2 on My Mac.
However, when I check on the details of the new installation it still shows as

Any thoughts would be very welcome.
Jim is your expert. After I updated it showed 1.7.2. Are you sure you completed installing?
Advert
Old 02-17-2010, 03:34 PM   #21
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
igsy, if when you go to http://www.adobe.com/productions/digitaleditions, the big brown button on the page says "Launch" instead of "Install" you're fine, if it says install let it install.

New, iTMS = iTunes Music Store
Droid=a phone, this phone

And I'm glad you figured out your problem
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 04:30 AM   #22
igsy
igsy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Thanks Jim,

The big brown button does say "Launch" not "Install" However, when I do it still comes up as version 1.7.1

I did go through the install originally and got the message "install complete"

I don't suppose it is any big deal--it's just that I like to keep things up to date.

Cheers,
igsy is offline   Reply With Quote